Senior Associate, Assurance
Company: BDO USA, LLP
Posted on: September 17, 2020
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core
Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and
ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our
Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every
way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and
choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which
we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and
The Audit Senior will be responsible for coordinating the
day-to-day "in-charge" duties of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up"
to include the preparing of financial statements with disclosures,
applying most areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting,
validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This
position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for
basic questions and information and may be involved in reviews and
agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Masters degree in Accountancy preferred
- Two (2) or more years of prior experience in public accounting or
four (4) or more years of relevant professional accounting
experience working for companies in general industry required.
- One (1) or more years of prior supervisory experience
- CPA preferred
- Actively pursuing completion of CPA licensing required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding and experience planning and coordinating the
stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional
standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with
professionals at all levels both within the client organization and
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently
and within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break
down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment
with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law.
Keywords: BDO USA, LLP, Spokane , Senior Associate, Assurance, Accounting, Auditing , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!