Billing Customer Service Representative - Great Benefits & New Hire Bonus!
Company: The Travelers Companies
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
A great career is waiting for you at Travelers! New Hire Bonus at 3
months - Milestone Bonus at 9 months - Join our team as a Billing
Customer Service Representative today!
Through inbound telephone and email inquiries the Billing Customer
Service Representative is responsible for providing customer
service, billing and account reconciliation support for agents,
insureds, authorized 3rd parties, and internal Travelers
departments. They ensure prompt and accurate premium receipt and
appropriate resolution of past due accounts.
By joining the Travelers team as a Billing Customer Service
Representative, you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000
after 3 months in your position. Additionally, to recognize your
training and growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone
bonus of $1,500 after 9 months in your position. That's an
This position is located in either our Spokane, WA or Richmond, VA
office. This position could require working from home initially.
However, once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, you will report
to the local office.
* During training, your schedule will fall between the hours of
7:00AM -5:00PM PT or 8:00AM -5:00PM EST, Monday-Friday, depending
on your location.
* Your work schedule following training will fall within the same
hours of operation, Monday through Friday depending upon
* The target start date is March 7, 2022.
* This position offers a starting base salary of $41,000.
* Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the
completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further
information regarding the assessment including an accommodation
process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy
is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility. Employees who are part of a training or
development program may require up to a six-month waiting period
before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial
six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to
five days in the office.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as primary customer service contact handling a high volume of
inbound calls with agents, insureds, authorized 3rd parties, and
internal Travelers departments.
* Handle inquiries, research problems, process transactions, and
develop solutions to billing related issues.
* Place outgoing calls as needed to resolve outstanding customer
* Resolve billing and remittance discrepancies through direct
contact with customers in a timely manner.
* Facilitate identifying solutions to inquiries in a customer
focused and positive manner while maintaining a focus on maximizing
* Adhere to scheduling guidelines of the department.
* Collaborate with appropriate parties to develop solutions within
* Follow up and monitor account related billing issues as necessary
to ensure appropriate action has been taken while maintaining a
high level of customer service to internal contacts (i.e.
Marketing, Service, Premium Audit) and external customers (i.e.
insureds, agents, authorized 3rd parties).
* Ensure documentation of account notes is current and complete and
act as a liaison for problem resolution for customers and other
* May perform business process work.
* May participate in some special projects, processes, and/or
assignments as business needs dictate up to 10% (non-direct
customer interaction work) of the total work week. (May vary
depending on business needs)
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
* One year experience in a customer service related role required,
2 years preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrates skill to perform in a highly matrix performance
* Demonstrates a commitment to stellar customer service.
* Acts with a sense of urgency and ownership.
* Committed to creating a positive experience for all
* Enthusiastic and upbeat approach to assisting with customer
* Learn the Direct Bill systems, insurance business, receivables
processes, and workflows.
* Develop basic understanding of the insurance business and
* Clear understanding of team work and collaboration.
* Prioritize work and accomplish tasks within established
* Work well independently and flexible in a team environment.
* Uses effective time management to ensure customer satisfaction
and appropriate workflow.
* Proven customer service experience.
* Inbound service center experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of PC based tools and applications.
* Mathematical aptitude.
* Familiarity with call center metrics. (i.e. customer experience,
quality, efficiency etc.).
* Take responsibility for own performance and development.
* Demonstrate investigative and independent problem-solving
* Develop a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal
integrity, ethics and a commitment to do the right thing.
* Effective management and adherence to time and attendance
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Spokane , Billing Customer Service Representative - Great Benefits & New Hire Bonus!, Accounting, Auditing , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!