Company: Banner Bank
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: January 25, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Accounting Specialist
Performs general accounting functions such as processing invoices,
posting entries, performing account reconciliations and assisting
with month end processes.
As a Accounting Specialist with Banner Bank you will have the
- Responsible for processing invoices accurately and timely and
assisting with managing vendors in the Accounts Payable function
(75% or more)
- Prepare various month-end general ledger journals.
- Responsible for posting journals to the general ledger as
- Responsible for understanding the purpose and process for
completing various GL account and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in answering calls and responding to inquiries.
- Assist in training and be able to routinely provide back-up for
other account department staff.
- Responsible for complying with various internal control
policies, procedures, security requirements, and government
regulations.QUALIFICATIONSEducation & Certifications
- Associate's Degree in or equivalent combination of education
and experience preferredExperience
- 2 or more years of related experience preferredKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- - Ability to apply basic accounts payable and accounting
concepts to process invoices and prepare journal entries, including
basic calculations such as discounts, interest, percentages, and
- Proficient in use of personal computer operations, including
- Demonstrate knowledge of account reconciliations and
- Ability to read, analyze, understand, interpret and follow
general business communications and procedures documents.
- Ability to effectively conduct research and reporting
procedures necessary within the department and as required to
assist other departments.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to
- Targeted starting hourly range (based on experience): $20.00 --
- Annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive employee benefits, including: medical, dental,
vision, LTD, STD and life
- Paid vacation time, sick time and 11 company paid holidays
- 401k (with up to 4% match)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annuallyMore than 130 years
ago, we started with core values that never go out of style:
listen, learn and help businesses and individuals reach their
goals. Our financial strength and stability are key reasons Forbes
names us one of the Best 100 Banks in America the past five years.
-With more than $16 billion in assets and over 150 locations
throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and California, we understand
our role in the economy and take that responsibility seriously. In
addition to offering a source of capital to personal banking
clients and businesses of all sizes, we place a high importance on
employee volunteerism and donate millions of dollars each year to
community organizations. -Banner Bank is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or
protected veteran status.NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:Banner Bank
does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search
firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any
Banner Bank employee by a third party agency and/or search firm
without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become
the sole property of Banner Bank. No fee will be paid if a
candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited
agency or search firm referral.
Keywords: Banner Bank, Spokane , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!