Company: Kaiser Aluminium
Posted on: May 27, 2023
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform all accounting functions necessary to maintain control and
record costs to provide accurate and timely financial information
to management. Analyze, plan, and develop methods and procedures
for collection of data using principles of accounting and
originality of thought to meet new conditions.
Accounting Associate's essential functions include:
- Prepare journal vouchers, analyze and reconcile plant general
ledger costs. Performs month-end closings, cost reporting
preparation, and other related accounting responsibilities.
- Reconcile metal activities: reconcile metal receipts and metal
trades, reconcile shipments to customers, exports and imports,
reconcile outside converters, prepare and file reports for
drawbacks to billing, initiate invoicing for manually controlled
(not EDI) offsite locations for finished goods and scrap. Metal
flow reconciliation: raw materials, work in process, finished
goods, and lot ledgers.
- Analyze and record costs regarding R M and construction in
progress. Assist engineering in preparations of RFI's, RFDW's,
major maintenance projects (per Corp. Guidelines), maintain and
reconcile fixed assets ledger, capitalize and RFD projects,
reconcile sales tax issues, etc.
- Perform necessary functions related to taking and reconciling
physical inventories as required, including coordination of
- Assist Accounts Payable and other Accounting Departments
personnel and plant management as needed. Prepare special reports
and projects, assist both internal and external audits, assist in
and/or prepare plan, corporate, and governmental reporting, assist
in identifying, researching, and correcting system problems,
develop recommendations to improve processes. Work with management
and other employees efficiently and with courtesy. Work with
corporate and other outside people e.g. customers, vendors,
- Perform back up procedures for computer systems and maintain
necessary historical records, hard paper copies, etc.
- Perform all other necessary functional requirements on the
Trentwood Accounting process within area of responsibility.
- Perform spreadsheet analysis, requiring working knowledge or
applicable personal computer software.
- Understands and utilizes a variety of plant and corporate
accounting data collection systems: CMS, TOPS, etc.
- Keep work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance, including
spouse and children (no payroll deductions)
- $31.2753 per hour
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Vacation after one year (begins at 40 hours and increases based
on years of service)
- Cost Of Living Adjustments
- Shift differential schedule premiums (rotating shifts)
- Boot Allowance
- Birthday Gift Card
- Pension Plan
- Monthly Bonus structureRequirements
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Finance/Accounting,
Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred
- Experience of cost accounting and analysis
- Good knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in teams
- High attention to detail
- An analytical mind with superior problem solving aptitude
- Efficient multitasker with excellent project
- Proficient PC skills, including Windows, Word, and
This individual will:
- Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering
skills, with the desire to identify, connect with and influence key
strategies at all levels of the organization.
- Be someone with an exceptional capacity to understand the
complexity and nuances of Kaiser Aluminum's organization, the
market in which it competes, and the value drivers and key
performance metrics in the business
- Be willing to work flexible hours.PERFORMANCE FACTORS
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on
to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from
work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely,
accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates
effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors,
colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and
relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and
individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a
professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain
constructive working relationships.
Approximately 95% of the job function is performed in an office
setting requiring normal safety precautions. 5% of the job function
is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery
and a manufacturing environment.
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminium, Spokane , Accounting Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...