Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: June 14, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our
growing Energy division in Spokane, WA.
What you re great at:
* Documenting project correspondence, issues, decisions, and
* Defining, communicating, and managing scope, design intent and
design process for direct supervisor review.
* Responding to and negotiates deadlines given by internal and
* Using independent judgment to apply, maintain, and enforce
current Revit/AutoCAD standards.
* Proposing recommendations to optimize energy efficiency
* Control strategies
* Equipment replacement
* System modifications
* Implementation of innovative technologies.
* Self-performing and directing resources designing and modeling in
reference to Revit or AutoCAD.
* Supporting sales efforts by providing engineering analysis and
developing schematic level designs.
* Investigating, evaluating and troubleshooting existing system
* Confirming and documenting existing site conditions including
existing comfort and maintenance issues and foreseeing potential
future issues based on previous projects.
* Providing a variety of system designs that might include air,
hydronic, lighting, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, architectural,
electrical power, lighting and data telecom systems.
* Performing design calculations as applicable to design field:
mechanical, plumbing, electrical, structural or architectural.
* Accurately completing load calculations or successfully
supervises the development of an accurate load calculation by
* Editing, authoring, and negotiating design specifications.
* Authoring and editing controls description of operation.
* Predicting hours to complete design tasks and identifying in
advance the need for additional staff to complete design work on
* Frequently reviewing design with sales and estimating to ensure
project is within budget/ VE ideas have been explored.
* Responsible for the design start of new projects.
* Performing AutoCAD, Revit and manual drafting tasks as
* Performing preliminary design field surveys for potential
* Consistently applying, maintaining, and enforcing current design
* Running MEP coordination (field clash detection) meetings.
* Coordinating with design teams on structural architectural, civil
* Completing designs with a level of quality in the design
documents that leads to a minimum amount of clarification required
* Identifying to Senior Design Engineer any changes that affect
* Performing and reviewing energy modelling calculations.
* Reviewing design work of others.
What we d like you to have:
* BIM/CAD proficiency, Revit experience preferred
* 5-7 year of building mechanical systems
* Facilities management experience a plus
* WA PE or EIT preferred
* Enjoy team oriented work
* Have client facing experience
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business
practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and
professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness
and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every
employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from
all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or
any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the
relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Spokane , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!