Assistant Branch Manager
Posted on: December 3, 2019
Company DescriptionSTCU is a growing regional credit union that is
consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the
nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine---s Great
Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to
serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard,
have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in
our members--- lives. We love people who share our passion for
integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and
celebration.STCU offers excellent benefits:--
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan --- medical, prescription drug, dental, and
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing planJob DescriptionThe Assistant
Branch Manager provides leadership through coaching team members to
create an exceptional member experience and deepen relationships.
This position---s primary responsibility is to lead team member in
achieving goals through the implementation of branch tactical
plans, development of team members and day-to-day operations of a
given branch.Principal AccountabilitiesTeam Development and
- Manage the performance, training requirements, and professional
development of team members, including planning, needs assessments,
design, development and evaluation of leadership skills.--
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team
members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals,
increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
--Communicate branch direction and enable team members to perform
at the highest standards.
- Supervise the branch staff to include delegation of work
assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and
effective communication to include timely resolution of more
complex branch issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure
and/or organization of the branch to ensure effective completion of
- Requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and
participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of team as
- Assist in the development, management and monitoring of branch
- Analyze results and keep team members informed on progress
related to goals, variance and recommendations for goal
- Provide motivation, recognition and/or assistance to team
- Ensure that service is delivered according to established
- Ensure that team members provide member with solutions to
financial needs by recommending appropriate STCU products and
- Proactively manage member feedback, follow-up when service
exceeds or does not meet standards.
- Identify and manage opportunities to enhance member service
experiences and provide recommendations for changes/enhancements
for service delivery.
- Optimize staff scheduling to serve members at the highest level
and improve productivity.
- Provides back up support to teller and loan and member service
team as needed.
- Perform all Small Business account opening, maintenance and
Small Business lending duties.Audits, Security, and Loss Control
- Ensure regular certifications/reviews are conducted and inform
Branch Manager of outcomes, issues or concerns and recommend
procedural or other changes as needed.
- Ensure team members are adhering to established dual control
- Keeps team informed of latest fraud trends and provides
coaching to mitigate risk.
- Achieve satisfactory audit score.Partnerships and Community
- Foster and maintain constructive relationships with Investment
Services, Small Business and Real Estate for referral
- Participate in community development and community relations
campaigns to increase awareness of STCU in the
marketplace.--QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate---s degree preferred. --High school graduate or
equivalent is required.
- Minimum of five years progressive teller, new accounts or
lending experience in a credit union or other financial institution
- Minimum three years supervisory experience, preferably in a
financial services environment, with the demonstrated ability to
lead, direct, delegate, coach and counsel staff. --
- Must have a working knowledge in all aspects of financial
institution products and services.--
- Must be service and goal oriented. --
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to
- Ability to present ideas clearly using respectful language,
tone and body language.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook,
Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining
positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and
communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of
situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain
reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Notary Public License required.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is required.
- Medallion Signature Guarantee maybe required depending on
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete
duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled,
and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or
moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented
environment.----Additional InformationPlease review our website for
more information at--www.stcu.org/careers.
Keywords: STCU, Spokane , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!