COMMUNITY HEALTH MANAGER
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID.
Carpool opportunities are available. QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's
degree in health related field orRegistered Nurse with a State of
Idaho certification/licensing plus at least two years
nursing/clinical experience in acute care, ambulatory, or
Community/Public Health required. A minimum of two years in a
management/supervisory position required. BLS required. ACLS
preferred. Valid driver's license required. ADA ESSENTIAL
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Standing 25 - 75% of the day.
- Walking 25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for staff productivity: home visits, foot care,
Prevention/Outreach Programs, Tobacco Grant oversight, Maternal
Child Health, WIC, immunization clinicsand Transportation with a
goal of increasing productivity in all departments annually.
- Responsible for staff scheduling with the goal of "patient care
comes first" and administrative duties second for self and
- Responsible for overseeing grant management and outreach
programs such as Diabetes Prevention, Tobacco, Diabetes Treatment,
- For grant staff, ensures time is distributed accurately in Time
- Responsible for monitoring and staying within yearly budget,
including grant budgets.
- Responsible for keeping forms, equipment, and supplies in stock
- Updates Community Health Manual yearly.
- Conducts QI interdepartmental audits (PDSA) one time per
- Meets accreditation requirements for Community Health Nursing
- Develops "Standards of Care" for visit planning and processing
of patients including home visits and overseeing development of
prevention and teaching.
- Responsible to see that all Community Health licensed staff
participate in Peer Review annually.
- Responsible for written evaluations of Community Health staff,
including regular supplemental staff, at least once per year.
- Recommends raises based on meeting job description
- Meets with Clinical Services Directors as needed, giving
monthly updates verbally and in writing as requested.
- Ability to effectively and positively interact with supervisor.
Involves supervisor in decision-making process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of job and related functions.
- Multitasked - ability to adapt and handle stress.
- Appropriate use of time - a self-starter and innovative.
- Verbal and written communication is professional and
appropriate for attaining desired outcomes of team building and
- Nonverbal communication and listening skills are professional
- Good patient and public relations.
- Team building - involves staff in problem solving, asks for
input, and provides feedback.
- Prepares written quarterly reports reflecting productivity,
outcomes. Complete department activities/progress.
- Develops yearly goals and objectives that reflect the company's
Strategic Plans and Priorities.
- Reviews job descriptions yearly and updates as needed.
- Assists in Community Health personnel hiring. Supervises all
Community Health staff. Coordinates and develops Community Health
staff work schedules.
- Approves Community Health time sheets, leave, travel and
provides coverage for absent staff within the department.
- Recommends and documents personnel issues, discipline, and
incident reports to Admin and HR according to the company's
policies and procedure manual.
- Provides training, orientation, and continuing education to
Community Health staff in methodology and changes to existing
- See that all staff, including self, has a current CPR
- Serves or assigns nursing staff as Prevention, Outreach,
Education (including school), MCH, and Nutrition Representative for
- Plans and assigns organization of specialty clinics and
teaching seminars for the community.
- Reviews and updates standing orders annually.
- Interfaces with other departments and outside agencies in
matters related to departmental functions, including vendors.
- Ensures representation of Marimn Health on tribal and community
- Communicates as needed with medical providers and clinical
nurses regarding patient concerns during routine visits or
- Monitors quality indicators and conducts/coordinates required
QI audits, outcomes, and reviews of program activities.
- Supports Community Health Grants by participating in meetings
and assisting in planning and coordinating outreach activities for
- Performs other duties as assigned. PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , COMMUNITY HEALTH MANAGER, Executive , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!