Fire Protection Project Manager
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: September 13, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Project Manager to join
the team as a member of our growing Fire Protection division in our
Spokane, WA location.
What you re great at:
* Takes responsibility for the development and implementation of a
comprehensive construction plan involving the project team.
* Manages the development of projects. Includes the preparation and
development of proposals, maintains satisfactory customer
relationships, and partners with internal resources to ensure
deliverables meet timelines and requirements.
* Ensures proper documentation and monitoring of the designated
* Creates and maintains network and hardcopy files as outlined in
the Fire Protection Project Life Cycle Workbook.
* Prepares Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
* Reviews contracts, drawings, specifications, and other resources
to answer questions in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all material and equipment is purchased in a timely
and cost-effective manner.
* Prepares or supervises the preparation of Submittals, Operation &
Maintenance Manuals, Expediting Reports, Change Order Log, RFI log,
Correspondence Log, etc.
* Submits billings, estimates to complete change order proposals
and other cost related items in a timely manner, ensuring their
* Creates a monthly billing breakdown and develops billing
* Generates an Estimate to Completion (ETC). Monitors progress
towards goals to anticipate potential problems.
* Assesses any potential job cost impacts and prices, submits,
negotiates and tracks all change order requests.
* Evaluates bid estimates, develops cost codes, establish
definitive budgets, develop manpower plan with Superintendents, and
monitor field labor progress.
* Assists with the completion of budgeting, resource planning,
operational reports and invoicing.
* Develop project staffing plans to include labor, subcontractors,
* Establishes and leads associated meetings.
* Develops, coordinates and manages the scope of work and contract
* Coach and develop members of the project team.
* Mentor assigned project staff.
* Responds to questions raised by Field Foremen.
* Communicates effectively with General Contractor, Architect,
Engineer and Owner, and represent McKinstry properly in outside
* Consults with department colleagues if necessary to resolve
* Communicates with other departments (Engineering, Sales,
Purchasing, Accounting, Warehouse, etc.) to successfully manage a
* Works with the Safety Director to create a Job Specific Safety
* Assesses and communicates manpower needs to the dispatcher and
superintendent if appropriate.
* Communicates the necessary information to Field Foremen.
What we d like to see in you:
* Prior Fire Protection experience is required.
* Experience in project management or in the construction industry
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of
* Ability and willingness to travel locally.
* Physical ability to navigate jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Ability to provide personal transportation for meetings and job
visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Spokane , Fire Protection Project Manager, Executive , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!