Director, Health and Safety
Company: ENGIE Impact
Posted on: November 10, 2019
ENGIE IMPACT IS ACCELERATING SUSTAINABILITY TRANSFORMATION FOR
CORPORATIONS, CITIES AND GOVERNMENTS AROUND THE WORLD.
*IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE, YOUR RESUME MUST BE
ATTACHED IN YOUR APPLICATION.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND MISSIONS
DIRECTOR, HEALTH AND SAFETY
BU / Department
ENGIE IMPACT / SUSTAINABILITY AND LEGAL
Reports to Senior Director, Facilities and Safety
Develops, evaluates, implements, and directs Safety, Health, and
Security policies, programs, and procedures to ensure Company
compliance with all applicable codes, standards, regulations, and
* Embed and reinforce No life at risk culture attributes in all
aspects of our business, including decision-making processes,
employee experience, and communications.
* Lead the operational safety program directly or secure safety
program services indirectly through collaboration with local ENGIE
* Oversee safety volunteer teams including the establishment of
annual goals, communications and trainings.
* Supervise the evaluation of safety initiatives against industry
standards and internal metrics, analyze results and develop action
plans to ensure continuous improvement.
* Provide proper and timely investigation and reporting of Safety
and Health associated incidents. Ensure determination of root cause
and implementation of appropriate corrective action including
development and use of appropriate training, lessons learned, or
* Oversee, train, and manage continuous improvement of a Security
Response plan in line with the ENGIE Security Division, including
plan formation, training, updates, and security incident
* Oversee, develop, train, and manage ENGIE Impacts emergency
notification system use and tests.
Spokane, WA, St Paul, MN, or Seattle, WA
* ENGIE Business Unit Facilities and Safety leaders (Global)
* ENGIE Impact C-suite
* Human Resources and Internal Communications team
* Safety Leads and Team volunteers across all ENGIE Impacts
* Facilities and site leadership teams
* Employee groups affected by both Safety and Facility
* Property management personnel (owners, property managers,
contractors, vendors, and project managers)
* Community leaders where appropriate to ensure alignment between
company and community objectives
* A wide variety of service providers relative to facility upkeep
* Local first responders and other safety professionals to ensure
compliance with local standards
* Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Business or related
* Minimum 10 years of directly related Safety Program Management
* Higher level education and/or professional certification such as
Safety Management Specialist (SMS) preferred
* International business experience preferred
* Federal and State Safety and Health Laws and Regulations
* OSHA regulations (US)
* Ability to identify and ensure compliance with health and safety
regulations outside of the US
* Exceptional experience with leading safety, security, crisis
management and stakeholder engagement
* Experience working with C-suite and Senior Leadership to
communicate, influence and drive program/initiative support
* Ability to build strong relationships and gain trust and
consensus, particularly at senior leadership levels, must be adept
at influencing and building credibility in cross-functional, global
* Excellent experience leading, motivating, and influencing teams
to accomplish goals and leading through workspace changes while
fostering a strong collaborative work environment
* Ability to think outside the box and provide creative and agile
solutions that unify best practices and business needs in a
scalable, sustainable approach
* Ability to nimbly transition between strategic and tactical
planning, with a strong capability in shifting focus and approach
per the ever-evolving needs of the business
SPECIFIC BUSINESS UNDERSTANDING
10 years of corporate safety experience with exceptional judgment
and strong interpersonal skills to be confident, comfortable, and
effective in dealing with global employees, senior management, and
executive team driving consensus and results.
ENGIE IMPACT INFORMATION
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability consulting and services to
clients across the globe. Comprised of existing ENGIE Group
portfolio business that are leaders within their respective
markets, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and
technical capabilities to create a more effective, comprehensive
offering for our clients so we can take on their toughest
sustainability challenges and they can see real results.
ENGIE Impacts people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision
to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the
environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and
the world a better place, responsible in working with commitment
and accountability, collaborative with our colleagues and clients,
and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation
that places us on the leading edge of the global energy industry.
As such, we nurture a company culturethrough training, mentoring
and professional developmentthat encourages all employees to
thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we
invite you to join ENGIE Impact.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We
are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive
programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit
package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D,
short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible
spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Impact is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without
regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with ENGIE Impact: Twitter - LinkedIn - Facebook - Blog -
Keywords: ENGIE Impact, Spokane , Director, Health and Safety, Executive , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!