Project Implementation Manager
Company: Pearson Packaging Systems
Posted on: November 11, 2019
BASIC FUNCTION: Manage the Pearson Integrated Systems operational
functions and positions, throughout the project delivery lifecycle,
to achieve overall success by ensuring that integrated packaging
systems are delivered on time, within scope, within budget, and
provide solutions that achieve customer satisfaction. This position
reports to the Vice President of Pearson Integrated Systems and
manages Project Management and Engineering roles within Pearson
Integrated Systems. PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successfully serve as a principle executive contact for the client,
Pearson Packaging Systems executive management, internal and
external resources, through strong communication, organization and
leadership skills.Manage the customer relationship both directly
and through subordinates from receipt of purchase order through
system commissioning, resulting in a positive customer experience.
- Anticipate and monitor potential project delivery concerns, to
ensure risks are identified early in the project lifecycle. Create
and execute appropriate risk mitigation plans. Report regularly to
Executive Sponsor until resolution is achieved.
- Direct the project management function for execution of changes
to project scope, schedule and costs. Approve adjustments as
necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
Report and escalate to Executive Sponsor, as required.
- Direct and report on project budget management including
material, labor, travel and contingency budgets. Budget management
will include validating the as-quoted budget, monitoring and
managing actual costs, as well as, estimated to complete (ETC) and
- Direct and report on comprehensive project schedules based upon
key milestones, slack allowances, critical paths, key tasks, from
receipt of purchase order to final commissioning and
- Provide pre-sales support, including, development of
preliminary project build schedule and development of preliminary
install, startup and commissioning plan.
- Direct solicitation of bids from mechanical and electrical
contractors as needed to support project quotations. Direct
development and maintenance of an approved sub-contractor list.
- Collaborate with equipment vendors to implement standards and
enhancements. Direct development and maintenance of a preferred
- Direct and support Project Management in the generation of a
comprehensive Order Acknowledgement Letter, which clearly defines,
project scope, including equipment, integration services, costs and
qualifications. Review and approve for each project.
- Perform independently with minimal supervision and work with
others developing trusting relationships.
- Adapt quickly to a complex culture and develop successful
professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Be willing and able to travel to field installation sites
regularly, and occasionally, for extended stays. Overall travel
expectation up to 50% field work.
- Position based in either Spokane, Washington or Ashland,
Virginia is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound judgment and to lead and
organize cross-functional meetings, direct and influence people in
a professional manner.
- Capable of working on concurrent complex technology projects
and able to communicate, written and verbal, clearly and
effectively to executive and business audiences.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Flexibility that allows effective teamwork with people at all
levels of the organization.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent experience (experience in an
Engineering field a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in industrial automation system
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Including Project.
Keywords: Pearson Packaging Systems, Spokane , Project Implementation Manager, Executive , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!