Junior Business Analyst, Clinical Applications (IIBA)
Company: Inland Imaging
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job Description:The Jr. Business Analyst - Clinical Application
is a Full Time, Regular position working various hours based on
department need including call at Providence St. Mary Medical
Center in Walla WallaSummary: The Junior Business Analyst -
Clinical Applications applies their knowledge of Healthcare and
Clinical Applications to administer, demonstrate, implement, train
and support various business critical systems of the HealthCare
solutions team. This position works to identify and recommend
improvements for the clinical applications and workflow. The Junior
Business Analyst - Clinical Applications is responsible for
implementing and supporting multiple clinical applications for the
clients of Inland Imaging. The expectation of this position is that
the Junior Business Analyst - Clinical Applications will complete
the position duties/responsibilities with a high level of direct
supervision from the Radiology Solutions Manager.General
Description: The Junior Business Analyst - Clinical Applications
interacts with other departments within Inland Imaging, its
clients, and its vendors. The Junior Business Analyst - Clinical
Applications analyzes structure and workflow to recommend changes
to improve overall system operations. The Junior Business Analyst -
Clinical Applications devised test plans, builds test date and test
new or enhances application functions. They are responsible to
develop and deliver training and workflow documents. The Junior
Business Analyst - Clinical Applications must be able to work
closely with a team of people in accomplishing Radiology based
implementations.Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- General Duties
- Contributes to the maintenance of appropriate technical
documentation necessary for IT Operations, training, workflow and
- Participates in necessary marketing functions related to
potential new customers discussing workflow, and participating in
- Provides application support to user requests, including
dictionary configuration, functionality troubleshooting, custom
reports, training and workflow analysis.
- Monitors clinical applications to ensure systems are running at
optimal performance levels.
- Clinical Applications Solutions
- Takes ownership of clinical application(s) of the Healthcare
- Participates in identifying and providing input for solutions
and improvements to our clinical systems.
- Works with the Healthcare Solutions Team in operational and
organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement.
Designs workflows, processes, data flow and other solutions with
customer's systems and business practices.
- Participates in the process for successful deployments,
including documentation of test plans, creation of test data, and
evaluation of these results.
- Project Responsibilities
- Demonstrates application functionality to appropriate personnel
- Participates in the deployments and projects of the Radiology
- Works as an active member of the project team to adhere to
project plans and statement of work documents related to the
implementation of various Radiology solutions.
- Functions as an analyst during the implementation phases of
various Radiology Solutions.
- Upgrades, New Versions
- Contributes to the development of training plans and conducts
training for users on applications.
- Contributes to the development and participates in the
execution of work-flow based test plans for upgrades and new
- Works with the Healthcare Solutions Team to ensure the overall
success of all upgrades.
- Job Knowledge
- Develops and maintains fundamental knowledge of clinical
applications user functionality, whether implemented or not.
- Develops and maintains fundamental knowledge, at a server or
back-end level, of Clinical application functionality.
- Develops and maintains fundamental knowledge, from a user
perspective, of clinical applications workflow.
- Maintains fundamental analytical skills in the use of Crystal
Report writer and SQL query language.
- Maintains fundamental knowledge of HealthCare integration
standards, such as HL7, DICOM, XML, and HTML.
- Maintains fundamental knowledge of IT standards as they relate
to RIS and PACS architecture, such SQL, Microsoft Clustering
Services, TCP/IP, and Windows Server OS.
- Customer Advocacy
- Works closely with customers to provide consultation on
solutions to business problems. Creates the necessary professional
documents outlining these solutions.
- Communicates and manages the project and task based
deliverables to customers and management on behalf of the Radiology
- Schedule Requirements
- This position requires the ability, knowledge and
professionalism to support critical medical applications that
demand a 24x7 uptime, which will require flexible work schedules
including evenings and weekends.
- The Junior Business Analyst - Clinical Applications is
responsible for supporting clinical applications may extend to
non-scheduled work time, where immediate support may be
required.General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal
skills and customer service skills
- Honest, pleasant manner, and good personal hygiene
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, organized, and able to
work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in
- Adheres to departmental standards and personnel policies by
demonstrating professional demeanor in conduct and appearance.
- Tact and diplomacy must be used at all times.
- Follows company departmental standards and personnel policies
by using good teamwork and communication skills to help identify
concerns and solutions, assisting where needed to ensure a smooth
- Performs other duties as required by displaying team spirit and
self-growth by accepting and performing (and requesting) other
projects and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Free of alcohol and drug abuse
- Valid state driver's license and proof of insurance
- Overnight travel as necessary for consulting and project work
up to 15% annually.
- Follows all Health and Safety policies and guidelines of Inland
Imaging and its partners depending on work locationSupervisory
- There no supervisory responsibility in this
positionAdvocacy:Treats all clients with dignity and respect
Provides excellent customer service Conforms to Joint Commission
and HIPAA regulations Complies with PHI (Protected Health
Information) Demonstrates the Inland Imaging Core Values:
- Show We Care, Do The Right Thing, Maximize Individual
Potential, Always Aim HigherQualifications:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent
- Experience & Knowledge: One year of related experience
- One year of experience in supporting a radiology information
- One year of experience in supporting a picture archiving
- One year of experience in supporting a voice recognition
- One year of experience in Radiology workflow such as RIS, PACS,
- One year of experience managing IT implementation
- Radiology office or other medical facility experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of medical modalities, image
transmission, DICOM Modality worklist.
- Fundamental knowledge of human anatomy and exams conducted in a
- Computer Applications : Experience with the following computer
applications is highly desired:
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point,
Access, Visio, Publisher)
- One to two years of experience with RIS, PACS and Voice
Recognition solutions is required.
- Drug Test : Eligible employees must be able to pass a
post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes
marijuana.Nuvodia/Inland is an EEO employer...
Keywords: Inland Imaging, Spokane , Junior Business Analyst, Clinical Applications (IIBA), Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!