Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Unify Community Health on Mission Avenue
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant who wants to make a
difference in the lives of medically-underserved people in your
community? Do you want to work with a team of skilled physicians,
nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide direct,
compassionate, quality care to patients? Are you someone who
thrives in a dynamic, energized environment? Are you looking for
competitive pay? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we
have a great opportunity for you.
What we're looking for:
- An MA who's passionate about community health and working with
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-centered
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships
with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in
a positive and professional manner.
- A meticulous person who asks questions and clarifies
information as needed.
- Someone who wants to continue learning and developing MA
skills, and is receptive to performance feedback.
What you'll do:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses,
and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive
continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking,
verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired
supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty
examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries,
following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing
patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic
- Seek to anticipate providers' needs and assist as requested,
and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct
patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Hiring bonus of $1,500 paid on first pay check.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health
insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7
telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid
time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- No night or weekend shifts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Medical Assistant certification with Washington State Dept. of
Health. Pass the mandatory 8-hour Blood Borne Pathogen training
within 1 month of hire. CPR certification within 3 months of
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Unify Community Health on Mission Avenue, Spokane , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!