Mental Health Counselor - Psychiatric Center for Children and Adolescents
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Providence is calling a Mental Health Counselor ( Psychiatric
Center for Children and Adolescents , Evening Shift, 0.6 FTE) to
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We
are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission
to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all -
especially those who are poor and vulnerable.Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some
additional questions from our Modern Hire system.In this position
- Customer Service: Maintains and promotes positive, open and
honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians,
employees, visitors, patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provides
high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding
customers' needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the
capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers
and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
- Communication: Promotes and demonstrates effective, open and
honest written and verbal communication skills.
- Self Management: Demonstrates self-management behaviors which
reflect a positive image of PSHMC, following established policies
and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work
- Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrates good
stewardship of resources by treating property of customers,
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and
respect.Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all
levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without
- Flexibility: Demonstrates flexibility by readily adapting to
different situations to complete work.
- As Assigned by the RN:
- Implements selected unit and patient care activities and
provides input for the development and evaluation of the
multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Interviews patient/family to obtain psychosocial history,
complete mental status exam.
- Accurately completes and legibly documents delegated portions
of the admission data collection and procedures according to unit
- Performs ongoing observation of patient's condition. Reports
significant findings and changes to the RN.
- Contributes to the development of the Multidisciplinary
Treatment Plan by sharing observations and perceptions of the
patient status with the RN or at Team Conference.
- Works cooperatively with Interdisciplinary Team members.
- Organizes and establishes priorities to perform assigned work
in a timely and orderly manner as directed by the RN.
- Provides patient care as delegated by RN team leader according
to established competencies, policies, procedures and demonstrates
working knowledge of equipment used in performing assigned
- Participates in establishment and maintenance of therapeutic
environment, patient relationships, and treatment modalities
considering age and culture, and according to unit guidelines and
- Creates a safe environment for the patient through appropriate
intervention as determined by the patient's status.
- Provides information and education to patient/family related to
unit routines, programs and Multidisciplinary Treatment Plan as
directed by the RN.
- Implements and reinforces defined patient/family teaching plan
as directed by the RN. Reports patient/family progress or concern
with plan to RN.
- Provides psychosocial, spiritual and cultural support for
patients/families as defined by the Multidisciplinary Treatment
Plan and directed by the RN.
- Performs seclusion and restraint procedures and documents
- Accurately and legibly documents observations, elements of care
provided, and the patient's responses on the appropriate form.
- Actively participates in management of aggressive assaultive
- Exhibits behaviors which enhance teamwork in providing patient
care and accomplishing unit goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates flexibility by re-establishing priorities and work
plan to compensate for unanticipated changes in work volume,
emergencies, staffing and scheduling changes to adequately meet
- Informs the RN when difficult problems, unusual developments or
activities occur which affect the RN's responsibilities.
- Participates in the problem-solving process in the development
and implementation of unit goals and objectives.
- Recognizes own limitation and seeks assistance from the RN when
- Implements and reinforces defined patient/family teaching plan
as directed by the RN. Reports patient/family progress or concerns
to the RN.
- Participates in Performance Improvement as assigned.
- Intervenes and provides feedback when unsafe practice and/or
inappropriate behaviors are witness and informs the RN/Manager
- Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance from the RN
when needed.Qualifications:Required qualifications for this
- Bachelor's degree
- Applicants who apply for an Agency Affiliated Counselor
credential through the Department of Health within seven days of
employment can provide services within the agency for up to 60 days
while the department processes their application. Applicants must
stop working on the 60th day of employment if the credential has
not been issued. During this time, applicants may not provide
unsupervised counseling until the department of their employer has
completed a criminal background check. Unsupervised means the
supervisor is not physically present at the location where the
- OR possess a valid and unencumbered Washington State
License/Registration for one of the following: Certified Counselor,
Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Advance Social Worker or Licensed
Independent Clinical Social Worker required.Preferred
qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or related Human ServicesAbout
the hospital you will serve.Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
& Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane,
Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients
throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by
people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for
heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who
have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find
the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's
Hospital.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our
caregivers. For more information,
MissionAs expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.About UsProvidence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Part-timeShift: EveningJob Category: CounselingLocation:
Washington-SpokaneReq ID: 326606
Keywords: Providence, Spokane , Mental Health Counselor - Psychiatric Center for Children and Adolescents, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!