Phlebotomist/Processor, Pendleton (4500)
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Interpath Laboratory is looking for a friendly and energetic
Phlebotomist/ Processor with outstanding people skills. Qualified
candidates will have a collaborative team spirit and a willingness
to support the needs of our patients as well as the goals of the
job and the team. Position SummaryResponsible for all elements of
the clinical laboratory operations from point of patient reception,
specimen collection, specimen processing, and reporting for all
entities owned or affiliated with Interpath Laboratory, Inc. within
area.We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why
the Interpath family is so special. Please click
here:https://youtu.be/iMaXUt6s9rgEssential Job Functions
- Administrative duties including excellent customer service to
all patients, clients and employees. Answer phones in a timely
manner following company standards on proper phone etiquette.
- Monitor for instrumentation alarms and respond to them in a
- Maintain an awareness of surroundings as part of expectation to
monitor for issues and safety hazards in the work environment.
- Maintain a readiness to respond to colleague questions and
- Consistently monitors highly detailed information that requires
a high degree of accuracy, including, but not limited to verifying
specimen information, performing data entry, and properly
identifying patients information to specimens.
- Receive samples from clients and other Interpath sites.
- Accurately process samples in timely manner to ensure Interpath
meets established routine and Stat turnaround times.
- Maintain specimen integrity from collection point and up to
point transferred to technical staff.
- Accurately translate physician orders and diagnoses.
- Package samples for referral labs.
- Print and distribute reports.
- Follow established safety protocols.
- Follow established daily checklist to ensure all tasks
performed on schedule.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and
regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Understand and practice Medicare rules regarding ABNs (Advance
- Actively participate in departmental quality assurance
- Follow all established Internal Quality protocols.
- Judge adequacy of submitted specimens, using technical
assistance if needed.
- Is flexible in covering work shifts as needed on an as needed
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.Schedule: Full
time, Varies, Night ShiftBenefit Highlights:
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for
employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time OffCandidate must comply with all state, local and
federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety
and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with
respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination
rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such
accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will
be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances
presented.Education: High School graduate or
skills; Accurate and detail oriented; Good organizational
skillsLife at Interpath:We are a devoted team of professionals that
pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where curiosity,
persistence, and positive attitudes are at the core. From a
comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and
development program which fosters career growth - we truly value
our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have
built since 1967.More About Us:Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a
family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory
with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the
Northwests leading, innovative laboratory dedicated to providing,
rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services. With
over 50 years of growth and prosperity, we are the regions largest
independent laboratory. We emphasize the vital importance of a
vibrant work culture and environment where building relationships,
teamwork, and positive attitudes are highly valued!
- Laboratory setting includes numerous automated machines that
make humming and beeping sounds.
- High level of staff activity and interaction in relatively
- Must be able to hear in order to monitor alarms and respond to
any safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles,
and face shield.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Typically stands for extended period of times.
- Lifting up to 30 pounds. OSHA CategoryThis position performs
tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues.
All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity
to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.EOE
Disabled/VeteranInterpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Spokane , Phlebotomist/Processor, Pendleton (4500), Healthcare , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!