Dental Hygienist - $7,500.00 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $7,500.00 on first paycheck.
The principle function of the Dental Hygienist is to provide
preventative and expanded function periodontal treatment to
* Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical
history and vital signs as needed.
* Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including taking,
developing and storing the X-Rays as necessary.
* Completes periodontal charting as directed.
* Prepares tools and equipment necessary for the Provider and
assists Provider with the exams as necessary.
* Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including
scaling, prophylaxis, root planing, and the application of
preventative agents and sealants.
* Performs expanded functions including placing and carving amalgam
and composite restorations, application of cavity liners, and
placement/removal of temporary crowns.
* Administers local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia as
* Provides education and counsel for patients in oral hygiene.
Formulates dental hygiene treatment plans for patients, consulting
the provider as needed.
* Participates in the clinic s infection control program, including
sterilization of instruments and cleaning of operatories as needed.
Provides input to the Dental Leadership team to assist in the
development of goals and methods to increase efficiency of the
Dental Clinic as needed.
* May participate in the development, implementation, and
coordination of dental education programs provided inside and
outside the organization.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with TJC, HRSA
and org requirements.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
* Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school. Successful
completion of Western Regional Examining Board (WREB) of equivalent
* Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Dental Hygiene
license for the state of practice. CPR certification within 90 days
* Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of standard dental
practices and current hygiene concepts. Knowledge of and skilled in
the delivery of dental anesthetic. Knowledge of and skilled in
placing restorations. Ability to effectively assess, adapt and
interact with a variety of patients of all ages, and employees in a
professional manner. Ability to effectively manage one s time,
schedule, and resources to ensure that work is completed
efficiently, appropriately, and within required timelines. High
level of dexterity and coordination. Basic proficiency with a
variety of computer programs including Electronic Dental Records,
Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. English/ Spanish bilingual
proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must
demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA
language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
* We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
* We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
* We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
* We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
* We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
* We will let joy in.
* We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Spokane , Dental Hygienist - $7,500.00 Bonus, Healthcare , Pullman, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!