Physical Therapist - Home Health - Providence St. Mary's - Walla Walla, WA *Upto $10K Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Physical Therapist (PT)
(Home Health, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical
Center in Walla, Walla, Washington. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable. Apply today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions
from our Modern Hire System. Providence offers:
- Competitive pay (including holiday pay & shift pay
- Best-in-class benefits - full medical, dental and vision
starting on your first day
- Continuing education & growth opportunities
- 401k retirement plans with employer matching
- Mileage reimbursement
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick days and
- The resources & career growth opportunities of one of America's
largest health care systems
- COVID-19 safety: PPE (N95 fitted masks, gloves and face shields
provided) In this position you will:
- Consistently demonstrates adherence to the principles and
requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity
Program and any other organization or departmental materials
related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrates adherence to Medicare and Medicaid
regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance
and job expectations.
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of PSMMC's policy on Patients
Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and
responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
- Actively participates in departmental and organization
performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and
joint commission standards.
- Demonstrates leadership by performing his/her work in a manner
that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC
promotes to the communities we serve.
- Participates in hospital and department specific practices to
maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of data and
information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming
to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Maintains positive working relationships and fosters a
cooperative work environment.
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians and staff in
a professional manner.
- Provides clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
- Recognizes and reports signs/symptoms of abuse and neglect for
all ages of patients served.
- Implements the physician plan of care and documents in the
record within established timeframe.
- Documents patient and family education and completes
- Completes daily documentation and turns in with itinerary
within two business days.
- Conveys and documents appropriate information to patient and
families regarding any financial responsibilities and assures
insurance authorizations are obtained in a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ability to perform complete therapy assessment and
documents in record per Medicare language.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and implement a therapy care
plan based on patient assessment(s) and documents in record (from
admit through discharge).
- Demonstrates ability to teach patient and family using
appropriate techniques and documents in record.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate care of patients with other
team members; delegates to and supervises home health aides.
- Completes pain assessment, intervention and documentation of
pain management according to standards.
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient safety assessments upon
admission and documents on ASIS or discipline specific evaluation
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide lymphedema
assessment and treatments.
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient safety assessments,
identify safety concerns, develop a plan for patient safety, and
implement the plan.
- Pain management: Identifies assessment, intervention and
documentation of pain management according to standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of preparing patients
for discharge along the continuum of care and communicates follow
up care as needed including community resource referrals.
- Completes mandatory education per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and/or ability in the use of the
following equipment in a safe manner (TENS, Ultrasound, CPM).
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide/follow:
(Therapeutic exercise programs, Lumbar/cervical Discectomy
precautions and protocols, total hip precautions and protocols,
total knee precautions and protocols, total shoulder precautions
and protocols, lower extremity amputee protocol).
- Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely
within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job
- Attends mandatory and other education offerings per department
and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the
- JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS.
- Completes and returns to the office the initial assessment
packet within two business days.
- Plans and communicates weekly/daily schedule with management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy
- Licensed to practice as a Physical Therapist in Washington
- Licensed to practice as a Physical Therapist in Oregon within
six months of hire
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
- Current BLS - Healthcare provider (must be AHA accredited)
- Ability to institute emergency measures, CPR, when necessary in
the home setting Preferred qualifications for this position
- Master's Degree or Ph.D in Physical Therapy
- 1 year experience in a therapist capacity in a hospital,
skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
- Home Health experience About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a
full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise,
specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been
named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate,
independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly +
Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of
Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of
living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent
public & private schools at all levels. About Providence At
Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for
me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means that
regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career,
supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class
benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is
valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together,
our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals,
over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P360265 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Rehabilitation Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Professional Department: 3020
HOME HLTH Address: WA Walla Walla 209 W Poplar St Providence is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability,
veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin,
sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Spokane , Physical Therapist - Home Health - Providence St. Mary's - Walla Walla, WA *Upto $10K Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!