Behavioral Health Consultant - $2,000.00 Bonus
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious
exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be
required to maintain employment.
The Behavioral Health Consultant provides primary care-based
behavioral health services to clients with complex or chronic needs
depending on assigned program as determined in the treatment or
care plan of the client. Counseling or therapeutic services are
provided as part of a team, with primary care-based services being
integrated into the care plan directed by the primary care
provider. We offer this position at either PsyD/PhD clinical
psychologist, or independently licensed Master s-level mental
What We Offer
* Clinical Psychologist: $10,000.00 hiring bonus paid in first
* Master s-level independently licensed therapist: $5,000.00 hiring
bonus in first paycheck, $2,000.00 bonus at 12 months.
* 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing,
403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays,
continuing education, and more.
* Responds to requests from primary care providers to address
behavioral health needs of medical clinic patients to maintain a
warm hand-off for most patient encounters.
* Provides brief intervention for presenting problems and triage
for on-going treatment services as needed.
* Completes encounters and associated documentation, including
coding and billing.
* Presents case studies and reports to funding sources or as
requested by outside organizations.
* Measures change and adjusts treatment as needed, using
appropriate screening tools.
* Provides cognitive behavioral therapy to individuals, families,
groups or communities as assigned. Integrates cognitive behavioral
interventions in multiple settings.
* Enters documentation into the electronic medical record
* Responds to crisis situations, assessing urgency of patient s
needs, provides care, and obtains appropriate services as
* Assists patient and family in obtaining additional services and
other resources as needed. Documents all referrals made to other
* As assigned, participates in various community meetings and
serves as a liaison to numerous community agencies and
organizations, including school districts, hospitals, law
enforcement, Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) staff,
and tribal authorities.
* Presents mental health/behavioral health findings and
recommendations in verbal or written format to appropriate
professionals either upon request or as part of a regular case
presentation for peer review or clinical meeting.
* Leads staff training sessions on new therapeutic techniques and
practices. Provides training and education on clinical topics to
team members, staff and the community, as needed.
* Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
Clinical Psychologist Requirements
* Education: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Psychology
(Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology.
* Experience Preferred: One year's clinical experience working
within a multidisciplinary team in primary care or other medical
settings providing diagnostic and psychological assessments, for
primary care-based positions. One year's clinical experience
working with children, adolescents and families for specialty
behavioral health settings.
* Licenses/Registration: Licensed Psychologist within the state of
practice. First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Certification obtained within 45 days of employment.
Master s Level Therapist Requirements
* Education: Master s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
or related field.
* Experience: Two years experience postgraduate/master s experience
in the direct treatment of persons with mental illness or emotional
disturbance; such experience must have been gained under the
supervision of a mental health professional. Washington State
designation as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) may be
substituted for this experience requirement. One year s full-time
experience in the treatment of children under the supervision of a
children s mental health specialist. Washington State designation
as a Child Mental Health Specialist may be substituted for this
* Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification (or obtained within 45
days of employment). One of the following licenses is required for
this position (must apply for within one week of hire if the
license is not current):
* Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
* Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
* Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
* We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
* We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
* We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no
matter the risk.
* We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
* We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
* We will let joy in.
* We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything
short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Spokane , Behavioral Health Consultant - $2,000.00 Bonus, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!