DENTAL HYGIENIST - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID.
Carpool opportunities are available. QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's
degree from a school accredited by the Commission on Dental
Accreditation of the ADA required. Two years of experience
supervising Dental Assistants in public health or related field
preferred. Licensed in the State of Idaho or license eligible is
required. ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, data entry and
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Standing 25% of the day.
- Walking 25% of the day
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strict adherence to the ethics and Code of Conduct as
established by the ADHA, Idaho State Board of Dental Examiners and
- Maintain compliance with annual continuing education and CPR
requirements as established by the Idaho State Board of Dental
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with dental and
medical professionals in the community.
- Responsible for maximizing clinical procedures during all
scheduled appointment times.
- Adequately utilize the "quick call list to fill cancelled/no
- Dental department computers are to be used for
departmental/company tasks only
- Ensure local anesthetic solutions have current expiration
- Ensure all materials used for direct patient care have current
- Carefully review patient medical and dental history forms.
- Accurately chart each patient's periodontal health.
- Provide comprehensive dental services to all patients in a non-
discriminatory, confidential and professional atmosphere.
- Maintain obligation of staying on time with appointed
- Communicate with patients in an understandable and professional
- Check on patient comfort during treatment to allay patient
anxiety. Patient Management:
- Check on daily schedule with the receptionist for hygiene
- Work with receptionist to schedule hygiene patients with
- Provide thorough and gentle prophylaxis to patients.
- Perform scaling, root planning and selective polishing for
- Provide radiographs for patients as prescribed by the
- Provide topical fluoride applications for designated
- Perform sealant applications for designated patients as
prescribed by the dentist.
- Provide patient education sessions and materials to patients.
- Check hygiene room for cleanliness and make necessary
- Check and turn on hygiene room equipment.
- Gather and review patient charts for the day.
- Clean up hygiene room at the end of the day and turn off
- Maintain a supply inventory for hygiene treatment.
- Review, select and submit orders for patient education
- Submit supply orders as necessary. Infection Control
- Discard properly all disposable items from each visit.
- Assemble soiled instruments and place in sterilization
- Clean treatment room surfaces with disinfectant solution.
- Pre-soak soiled instruments in a disinfectant.
- Process instruments in the ultrasonic cleaner tank.
- Rinse and soak treatment trays in disinfectant.
- Sort and package instruments by tray for proper
- Store instruments and trays in appropriate places.
- Serves as advisor to the Dental Director regarding the total
dental program plans and objectives.
- It is expected that the Dental Hygienist will be available to
provide patient care from 8:00 am through 6:30 pm.
- Other duties as assigned. PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , DENTAL HYGIENIST - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!