Registered Nurse for Cardiology Clinic
Company: Cardiac Study Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
*SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE UP TO $7,000 depending on
experience!**SUMMARY OF DUTIES: * Office interview and assessment
of patient education needs as referred by Cardiac Study Center
(CSC) physicians. Assists in emergency situations in the office.
*TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: * Cardiology and Vascular Ambulatory
office setting. This is a fast paced, high-volume practice with 4
locations. There are frequent interruptions during the day that
require continual prioritization of tasks. Nurse is required to be
self-motivated and autonomous. *Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: ** Counsel patients as requested by physicians on
various cardiac problems or procedures.
* Telephone Triage of incoming nurse notes review to determine
whether medical intervention is needed and how soon treatment
should begin. Calls to be returned based on urgency defined as:
*Emergent*: Talk to patient immediately regarding chest pain, acute
SOB, acute syncope, rapid heart rate with symptoms. *Urgent*:
Return call within 2 hours regarding medication reactions, symptoms
patients has had for the last 24-48 hours. *Non-urgent*: Return
call the same day or early the next day regarding medication
questions, any questions not associated with symptoms. * Provide
individualized education program relating to the patient's
diagnosis, procedures and treatment plan.
* Document education completed and the patient and family's
understanding of the education.
* Provide information regarding prescribed medications and
* Communicate and collaborate with physicians.
* Provide emotional support and crisis intervention.
* Function as a resource and educator of office staff and community
at large regarding cardiac health.
* Assist physicians in medical emergencies following ACLS protocol
at physician direction. *Hospital Duties include: * o Call
physician making rounds at TGH for daily patient list o Educate
in-hospital patients and family on procedures o Provide post
discharge instruction. o Call physician making rounds at TGH for
daily patient list. * Review of abnormal lab and refer to
physicians/ARNPs for orders
* Review uncompleted work from previous day.
* Facilitate Cardiac Risk Assessment's when requested by outside
* Follow-up phone calls to patients.
* Follow through on patient problems (i.e., Afib, wound check, BP,
post-op as directed by physician.
* Documentation of patient/nurse interactions.
* Check office emergency medications and IV supplies on a
bi-monthly basis or as needed and order from Tacoma Purchasing
* Function as patient advocate.
* Facilitate and maintain good public relations.
* Function as information resource for office staff.
* Act as information resource for coding or billing questions.
* Refer patients to physicians or other health care providers and
* Develop and implement follow-up procedures.
* Function as liaison between physicians, office, family,
community, and hospital staff.
* Communicate with peers regarding new medications, office
* Write policy and procedures.
* Monitors Nuclear and Dobutamine Stress Echoes, and Bubble
* Other duties as assigned. *Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: *
Professional knowledge and clinical skills in the nursing process,
medical/cardiac diagnosis, pharmacology, emergencies,
documentation, IV starts, and EKG interpretation. Strong computer
and typing skills needed. General skills to enable problem solving
and priority setting. Interpersonal skills sufficient to provide
care, instruction, and education to patients and their family
members. Ability to use the above skills in an environment where
the volume of work is unpredictable. Ability to collaborate with
other members of the health care team and maintain
confidentiality*.**Supervisory Responsibilities: *This position
does not have supervisory responsibilities. *Qualifications: *To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. *Education/Experience: * Bachelor's Degree (BSN) from
four year college or university or an Associate's Degree in Nursing
from an accredited school of Nursing with three to five years
related experience and/or training of critical care required.
*Certificates and Licenses: * Registered Nurse in the State of
Washington, BCLS/ACLS certified. *Language Skills: * Ability to
read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations. *Math Skills: * Ability to add and subtract
two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurements, volume, and distance. *Reasoning Ability:
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
situations. *Physical Demands and Work Environment: *The physical
demands and work environment described below represent the
activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The work is typically performed
in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. To perform
the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear on
the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The
incumbent will carry equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. The incumbent
is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and
electronic form. Requires the full range of body motion including
handling patients. Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination required. Occasional travel may be required between
offices. Job Type: Full-time Pay: $33.11 - $49.24 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* License reimbursement
* Paid sick time
* Paid time off
* Travel reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Overtime pay
* Signing bonus Experience:
* Nursing: 1 year (Required) License/Certification:
* BLS Certification (Required)
* RN (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Cardiac Study Center, Spokane , Registered Nurse for Cardiology Clinic, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!