Dental Assistant - Temporary
Company: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Location: College Place
Posted on: January 23, 2023
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19
primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19
booster although it is offered through our employee health
department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series
will be considered and for those approved, the employee should
anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other
protective equipment offered.
This is a full time, temporary position that ends on approximately
4/4/2023. Work 4 days/week, 10-hour shifts. You may need to work
What we offer
- $19-$23/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical
history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including panoramic
and cephalometric radiographs, and intra oral photographs. Develops
and stores the X-Rays in the electronic patient s dental
- Sets up and records periodontal charting per Provider s
- Prepares and sets up instruments and equipment necessary for
the patient exam performed by the Provider.
- Mixes materials needed for the exam with awareness of infection
control and cross contamination.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including
the application of coronal polish, fluoride treatments, and
- Starts and monitors nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary under
the direct supervision of the Provider. (Only in Washington),
- Provides education and counsel in oral hygiene for patients in
the clinic and Mobile Unit school based programs.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring the patient infection
control program for the clinic, including ensuring the integrity of
sterile packaging, sterilizing instruments/equipment, and cleaning
autoclaves and operatories.
- May assist in Orthodontics including; obtaining patient
records, bite registrations, patient models, fabricating
orthodontic retainers, and placing/removing ligature ties.
- May perform Lead duties by maintaining the daily flow of the
department and acting as a liaison between line staff and the
direct supervisor. Manages breaks, lunches, sick calls and
overtime. Provides insights to leader regarding the skill level and
performance of the employees. Responsible for providing training to
new employees and existing staff when needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint
Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration
(HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR
certification within 90 days of employment. BLS (Basic Life
Support) certification within 90 days of employment preferred.
Registration as a Surgical Technologist if assisting a Dentist in
the operating room. Registration as a Dental Assistant or EFDA
certification. NOTE: Dental Assistants who have not received their
Dental Assistant registration from the State of Washington will not
be allowed to perform the Essential Functions of the job until it
is received. Prior to this time, a Dental Assistant will be allowed
to observe patient care and assist with paperwork and receptionist
roles only. Dental Assistant Registration must be completed within
7 days of hire unless specifically approved by the Clinic
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual
(English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to
communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to
receive bilingual differential pay. Basic knowledge of
medical/dental terminology and dental anatomy. Basic knowledge of
dental materials and instruments. Basic knowledge of infection
control techniques. Basic knowledge of oral health care
instruction. Ability to perform four-handed dental assisting
including instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and
spatulation. Strong level of manual dexterity and coordination.
Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients of all
ages, and employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency
with a variety of computer programs including an Electronic Dental
Record (EDR), Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14
dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states.
We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy,
orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening,
and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model
of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter
assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS
counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for
those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work
with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and
insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful
no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse
anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal
opportunity employment. Associated topics: assistant, dental
biller, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical assistant,
dental assistant, oxide, radiographer, steps, x ray
Keywords: Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Spokane , Dental Assistant - Temporary, Healthcare , College Place, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!