RN (PART TIME, BENEFITED)
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available. QUALIFICATIONS : Current RN Licensure
in the State of Idaho is required. One (1) year experience in acute
care and at least two years of experience in an outpatient primary
care setting preferred. EMR experience preferred. Typing skills of
at least 35 wpm preferred. Current BLS and ACLS required and /or
willingness to obtain within (6) months of hire required. ADA
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer
- Able to lift up to 25-100 lbs. (assist in transfer of
- Stand 40% of the day.
- Walk 60% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30-100 lbs. (i.e. crash cart, stretcher, or
- Pulling up to 25-80 lbs. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professional knowledge of and ability to apply nursing care
principles, practices and procedures required assessing needs of
wide variety of medical, surgical, obstetrical, gynecological and
- Knowledge of normal course of disease, anticipated
complications, and indicated therapeutic intervention.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals and their desired effects, side
effects, and complications of their use.
- Knowledge of and ability to recognize emergencies, and treat if
- Obtains appropriate vital signs, including weights and heights
under nurse documentation. Also able to recognize normal and
- Obtains the appropriate information, specimens, lab results,
x-ray results and health history from patients to prepare them for
the clinical provider.
- Assists clinicians with procedures, such as minor surgical
procedures, and prepares the exam room and instruments for these
- Able to anticipate medical providers' needs.
- Must possess the skill of arrhythmia recognition.
- Knowledge of immunization recommendations and protocols.
- Operates and maintains appropriate medical equipment.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely documentation within the
electronic health record including the right patient, right
encounter date/time and appropriate provider.
- Appropriately selects patients' complaint/reason for visit
using HPI template in EHR.
- Able to input vital signs, allergies, medications, past medical
history, past diagnostic information, family history, social
history, confidential information, review of systems, update
diabetic and/or Coumadin flowsheet, and/or any procedure completed
into Next Gen/EHR.
- Able to order Immunizations, drug injections, lab, x-ray, print
- Able to accurately and completely fill out an ROI.
- Transfer information is documented accurately, completely and
in a timely manner for patients' transfer to other health care
- Able to input information into the EMR quickly and
- Ensure patient education/teaching plan by patient needs.
- Promote continuity and consistency to deliver quality
- Access resources for referrals as needed and schedule
appointments for patients needing referral.
- Practices Universal Precautions, Infection Control and Safety
- Follows established policies for safe administration of
medicines, treatments, and procedures.
- Meets mandatory education requirements for safety, i.e. blood
borne pathogens, body mechanisms, hazardous chemicals, fire and
- Communicates situations of potential legal risk at time of
occurrence through appropriate chain of command process.
- Able to utilize all medical equipment within scope of practice
safely and appropriately.
- Effectively uses computer, NextGen/ EMR and other communication
- Demonstrate knowledge of required skills such as use of EKG
machine, SVN machine, Fetal Monitor, Cardiac Monitor, Mini-Infuser,
etc. then able to operate these devices.
- Performs procedures that are within appropriate scope of
practice (for example, tympanography, audiometry, spirometry,
administration of medications, venipuncture (blood draws),
performing EKG's, performing vision screening, dressing changes and
- Resolution to complaints
- Cultural/Religious Issues
- Support patient rights to:
- Obtains informed consent.
- Respects and supports the patient's rights to treatment or
services in accordance with clinic policy.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other caregivers for productive
- Knows responsibility and performs efficiently as a team member
in emergent situations, remaining calm, communicating an
- documenting appropriately.
- Demonstrates availability at all times during operating
- Demonstrates ability to critique own practice for error and
pursues corrective action.
- Keeps informed by reading memos, emails and bulletin boards and
seeking out assistance of others.
- Take ownership of issues. Participates in projects and follows
through to completion.
- Pursues education activities to maintain or enhance a current
level of knowledge and competency and documents appropriately.
- Positively adjusts to health care environment and changes.
- Adheres to personnel policies.
- Functions as a dependable team member by demonstrating
self-initiative when needed, and assisting when requested.
- Demonstrates priority setting ability and organizational skills
by timely completion of assigned tasks, maintaining clear an
orderly work area.
- Limits personal phone calls/cell phone use in the clinical
- Maintains relationships that are characterized by mutual
support, open communication, trust and respect.
- Avoids destructive comments, lack of support, and
negative/offensive non-verbal behaviors.
- Gives feedback to others in a private, constructive
- Handles conflicts with appropriate respect for privacy and
maintaining the self-esteem of those involved.
- Reviews patient's health record at each visit for Health Care
Objectives and Immunization update.
- Greets patient in exam room, obtains chief complaint/reason for
- Reviews patient chart for medication reconciliation; provides
education to patient if necessary.
- Completes past medical, family, and/or social history
information in the patients' chart.
- Completes Review of Systems, assessing patient conditions,
recognizing changes in status and initiates action when
- Screens/interviews patient by phone or walk-in to determine the
need to be seen and the urgency of the condition.
- Assists the medical providers with diagnostic, therapeutic and
surgical procedures. Documents any significant changes for
physician to review.
- Acts as Case Manager for all patients assigned to his/her
provider team; ensuring all preventative screening is complete
following Health Care Plan and individual diagnosis are
- Utilizes established medical protocols and/or standing orders
to treat stable phases of chronic illnesses and minor health
- Orders lab, x-ray, or appropriate tests to facilitate patient
flow or under the physicians direction.
- Demonstrates/administers medications skillfully and
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills and judgment such as IV
therapy, treatments/wound care, assists with casting, suturing, and
dressing, offering comfort, and cleanliness.
- Supervises LPN; MA; CNA and fill-in nurse in the event the
nurse manager is off duty.
- Supports clinic request when asked or adjust work schedules
during times of vacation, staff illness, or clinic needs.
- Other duties as assigned.PM22PI201835292
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , RN (PART TIME, BENEFITED), Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!