COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020!
Fantastic benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability
to choose vacation times!
Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employee Life insurance plan of $100,000 + the employee's
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.
QUALIFICATIONS: RN licensure in the state of Idaho (BSN preferred);
minimum of one-year experience in a rural public health, home
health or community health setting involving independent
assessments. Diabetic foot care experience preferred. CPR
certification required and/or ability to obtain within three
months. CPR Instructor certification required and/or ability to
obtain within 1 year. Foot care Nurse Certification and ACLS
preferred. Able to perform accurate head to toe assessment.
Excellent documentation skills required, including computer and
word-processing proficiency. Experience working with culturally
diverse populations preferred. Pleasant, non-judgmental
personality. Ability to work with minimal supervision essential.
Current drivers license necessary with no restrictions.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. (e.g., patients, with assist.)
- Standing/walking 75 % of the day.
- Sitting 75 % of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides community health nursing services to Indian and
non-Indian clients of Marimn Health.
- Provides skilled nursing care including assessment, diagnosis,
treatment and tracking for assigned community and public health
- Performs medication management, to include mediset set up, med
module updates in EHR, and accurate paper medication list.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to
accepted standards of nursing care. Procedures to include but not
limited to Venopuncture and IV therapy, and Wound Management.
- Completes patient documentation in an accurate and timely
- Coordinates referral and follow-up according to client need.
Able to identify regional and local sources (i.e. Aging and Home
Health Agency, etc.)
- Provides health education services to community, schools, and
- Participates as active member of the Community Health
- Performs foot care assessments for patients in need.
- Provides foot care for at-risk patients following nursing foot
care standards of care.
- Assists with the development of programs to serve special needs
such as foot/nail care, cancer education and diabetes.
- Assists with special exercise program with fitness staff as
- Maintains certification and is an active CPR/First Aid
- Participates in training to maintain current nursing practice
and to further develop skills.
- Participates in Peer Review.
- Participates on the following Marimn Health committees: a)
Community Health Team; b) general staff. c) Community Health
Outreach, d) others as assigned
- Represents Marimn Health on tribal and community-based
committees that may include: a) transition of care b) others as
- Other duties as assigned. PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!