BEHAVIORAL HEALTH YOUTH CASE MANAGER
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a
Human Service field with at least 12 months experience providing
case management services required. Completion of required Optum
Idaho Targeted Care Coordination and Certified Case Manager exam
completion (through the Commission for Case Manager Certification,
ccmcertification.org) is expected within 3 months of hire. Prior
experience working in a tribal setting preferred. Valid driver's
license and evidence of insurability as well as three-year motor
vehicle report required. Clearance from Idaho Department of Health
and Welfare Background check required. ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Hearing within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, patients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Sitting 25 to 75% of the day.
- Standing/walking 25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps the Patient to learn about, gain, and maintain access to
services and providers.
- Serves as a care navigator for families and promotes integrated
services, linking child serving providers, systems and
- Develops a Case Management service plan in conjunction with the
Patient and the Patient's treatment team. The Case Management
service plan includes identification of Patient's strengths,
specific/measurable goals for identified needs, and activities that
will support the Patient in meeting their individual case
- Updates Case Management service plan at least every 90 days
including an ongoing assessment of the Patient's capacity to
independently access services. Updates to the Case Management
service plan should include documentation of what the Patient has
been able to accomplish with Case Management
- Coordinates and facilitates the Child and Family Team (CFT)
Interdisciplinary Team Meetings face-to-face with the family and
- Works with the CFT to develop an outcome-focused,
strengths-based person-centered plan that includes both formal and
informal services and supports.
- Coordinates and facilitates the CFT face-to-face with the
patient and family present to assess and/or reassess the strengths
and needs to determine if changes are needed to update or modify
the person-centered service plan.
- Works with the patient's clinician to update the CANS at least
every 90 days or as needed. If the Targeted Care Coordinator is
certified in CANS and has access to the iCANS platform, they may
complete the CANS updates.
- Monitors to ensure that outcomes of services and activities are
progressing appropriately by evaluating the goals and
- Documents the recommendations/updates of the CFT on the
person-centered service plan and distributes the plan to the
- Is responsible for linking, monitoring, and follow up
activities, to ensure that the youth and family's needs are
- Is responsible for engaging the CFT to develop a crisis/safety
and transition plan.
- Facilitates the development of the conflict resolution process
to resolve disagreements within the Child and Family Team.
- Maintains contact with the patient and the patient's family or
guardian at least every 30 days.
- Attempts to re-engage patients who are out of contact (i.e.
documents attempts to contact, creates a plan for re-establishing
- Obtain and record patient's progress using established
documentation procedures. Report concerns promptly to supervisors.
Advocates for patients in a manner supported by treatment
- Gathers and reviews patient information at each patient
- Assists supervisor in completing patient reports and verifying
insurance eligibility for covered services.
- Coordinates and documents in-patient referral process and
assists patients to complete admission requirements. Monitors
progress in treatment and informs counselor of progress.
- Tracks adult and adolescent in-patient referrals.
- Maintains current knowledge of in-patient treatment facilities
- Assists with identification and coordination of transportation
and utilizes knowledge of locally available public transportation
resources. May provide transportation to bus station or airport if
other resources are not available.
- Effectively communicates to patient progress in their
out-patient treatment program.
- Consistently communicates with patients.(i.e. answers and
returns patient telephone calls in a timely manner and updates
voicemail and email "out of office" messages with re-direction to
appropriate resources and staff patients).
- Assists patient with completing intake/discharge documentation
- Assist with maintaining patient files, monitoring for
attendance and closing files.
- Actively participates in clinical supervision with Marimn
Health Clinical Staff and Consulting Physician(s) by: progressing
towards individual plans; staffing cases appropriately and
maintaining compliance with departmental protocol.
- Engages in case management staffing to represent and support
patient needs appropriately.
- Utilizes Marimn Health documentation standards and protocols
appropriately and timely to ensure communication of progress and
plan with other health care providers.
- Engages case management model appropriately with patients in
- Participates as a team patient of the Behavioral Health
Department and attends meetings/committees as designated.
- Participates actively in peer review and audits.
- Maintains current knowledge in ASAM criteria for treatment as
well as any other applicable tools identified and utilized in
- Maintains basic knowledge of mental health issues and diagnosis
which are prevalent within the community and patient caseload to
appropriately coordinate care in dual diagnosis team setting.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement (QI) activities
related to patient care and is knowledgeable of QI activities
related to the departmental goals and objectives.
- Consults with Marimn Health departments regarding staff
development. Develops and facilitates staff workshops.
- Presents workshops for patients in multi-disciplinary
- Performs other duties as assigned.PM22
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , BEHAVIORAL HEALTH YOUTH CASE MANAGER, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...