PHYSICIAN - FAMILY MEDICINE OR INTERNAL MEDICINE
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.QUALIFICATIONS: Achieve and maintain
American Board of Family Practice certification as a Family
Practitioner OR Board Certification in Internal Medicine OR.
Maintain current Idaho Physician and Surgeon license issued by the
Idaho Board of Medicine. Maintain current Idaho Controlled
Substance Registration issued by the Idaho Board of Pharmacy.
Maintain current Federal Drug Enforcement Agency registration.
Maintain current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification. Completion of degree as
Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) from an accredited
university. Successful completion of background investigation(s)
including, but not limited to, National Practitioner Databank and
criminal history check. Prior experience with Electronic Medical
Record (EMR) requiredADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision: adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing and computer
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Standing 50% of the day.
- Walking 25% of the day.
- Pushing up to 30 lbs.
- Pulling up to 20 lbs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a positive peer relationship and performs as a team
- Plans and prioritizes to maintain a time and attendance record
which complies with company policy.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service
assistance, providing knowledgeable and appropriate information to
- Works independently in a very detail oriented manner and meets
- Attempts to use agreed upon formulary and works closely with
pharmacy to prevent medication errors.
- Along with assigned nurse assure that ongoing clinic audit
information is recorded during patient appointment. (Providers are
responsible for checking that nursing complete documentation and
- Checks with other teams at end of day to get all patients
- Should arrive on time or no later than 10 minutes after the
clinic opens for patient care and must stay until 6:00 PM unless
other arrangements have been made with the Medical Director or
Clinical Services Director.
- Uses phone for patient services. Exits patient care areas for
personal phone calls.
- Checks and verifies that nursing support team makes accurate
entries in the EHR.
- Will participate in periodic peer review of randomly selected
charts from each provider.
- Provider will conduct ad hoc peer reviews of events involving
physicians or midlevel providers involving patient care or
inter-staff events such as incident reports involving physicians or
- Attends meetings/committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee reports to work in a timely manner.
- Employee utilizes breaks and meal periods to care for personal
business outside of the work area.
- Employee completes work assignments in a timely manner and
appropriately exits the work area in a timely manner.
- Employee appropriately utilizes Time and Attendance for
clocking in and out and schedules absences in advance when
- Employee is available for scheduled work shifts regularly and
communicates absence to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintains a current and active certification by the American
Board of Family Practice as a Family Practitioner or Board
Certification in Internal Medicine at all times.
- Maintains current and active license to practice medicine in
the State of Idaho.
- Provides overall medical program services including active
participation in the support of Quality Improvement standards and
protocols, in consultation with the QI Manager.
- Consults with other medical staff and provide guidance and
assistance in the realm of family medicine.
- Provides general, administrative and technical supervision to
other physicians, mid-level practitioners, students, pharmacist,
medical technologist and nurse manager as requested and
- Develops medical policies and procedures as assigned.
- Responsible for attending medical staff meetings, in addition
to general staff, provider/nurse and other meetings as
- In conjunction with the Medical Director maintains an ongoing
review of the Center's standards of care and standing orders and
conduct monitoring such as routine quality control activities and
periodic QI audits with the QI Manager as assigned.
- May be responsible for supervision of up to one (1) mid-level
- Provides professional medical screening, evaluation, diagnosis
and treatment of health problems to Indian and non-Indian
- Completes EHR documentation within the same day as the patient
- Makes the determination of the patient's medical needs and
refer when appropriate.
- Coordinates referral services with other medical practitioners
or medical facilities, with other clinic staff and with the patient
and the patient's family.
- Provides after hours telephone coverage as scheduled.
- Direct patient care issues always take priority. Medical
literature or journals read only when all direct patient care
issues and administrative duties/projects are addressed and
- Schedule has 27-33 slots for patients in 9-hour work day or as
agreed in compensation package or equivalent of 8-hour days.
- Willing to serve on committees requiring a provider at Medical
- Maintains open lines of communication with Medical Director and
Chief Clinical Officer.
- Maintains professional and appropriate verbal and non-verbal
interactions with internal and external customers.
- Maintains appropriate public relations.
- Strives to be a team player.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels for problem
solving and resolution of issues.
- Fosters team cohesiveness.
- Demonstrates support of Administration and Health Board goals
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , PHYSICIAN - FAMILY MEDICINE OR INTERNAL MEDICINE, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...