PEDIATRIC DENTAL ASSISTANT
Company: Marimn Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Come work for Marimn Health - voted one of the Best Places to
Work in the Inland Northwest in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 AND 2022 and
Modern Healthcare's Family Friendliest Employer in 2020! Fantastic
benefits, flexible schedules, paid holidays and ability to choose
vacation times! Your employer paid benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision for employee and all
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer match after 1 year of
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Short and long term disability.
- Generous PTO with the ability to earn additional personal days.
Please note that this position is in Plummer, ID. Carpool
opportunities are available.QUALIFICATIONS: Certification by a
Dental Assisting programaccredited by the American Dental
Association Commission on Accreditation which includes coursework
in radiation biology, radiation health, safety and protection,
fabrication of provisional crowns, coronal polish, application of
sealants, set up and monitoring of nitrous oxide. Prefer a minimum
of 2 years dental assisting experience. Experience assisting
pediatric dentistry is preferred. BLS certification required within
6 months of hire.ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective
- Vision:adequate to read 12-point type with or without use of
- Must be able to verbally interact with staff, clients and
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer input
and dental treatment.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Standing 50% of the day.
- Walking 50% of the day.
- Pushing up to 75 lbs.
- Pulling up to 75 lbs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains the spirit of team work in an effort to provide a
caring and respectful environment for the patient, families and
clinic staff. This may mean occasionally helping in our other
- Plans and prioritizes to maintain a time and attendance record
which complies with company policy.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service
assistance, providing knowledgeable and appropriate information to
- Works independently in a very detail oriented manner and meets
- Employee reports to work in a timely manner.
- Employee utilizes breaks and meal periods to care for personal
business outside of the work area.
- Employee completes work assignments in a timely manner and
appropriately exits the work area in a timely manner.
- Employee appropriately utilizes Time and Attendance for
clocking in and out and schedules absences in advance when
- Employee is available for scheduled work shifts regularly and
communicates absence to supervisor in a timely manner if
- Strict adherence to the ethics and code of conduct as
established by Marimn Health.
- Maintain compliance with annual continuing education and CPR
requirements as established by the Idaho State Board of Dental
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff of all
departments of Marimn Health.
- Actively practices infection control techniques as required by
OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed when not involved with
- Ensure that all local anesthetics and material used during
treatment have current expiration dates.
- Accurate charting of treatment plan information.
- Record accurate notes on the provided treatment.
- Ensure patients are seated in a timely fashion and provide
chair side assistance to the dentist in order to maximize clinical
procedures during scheduled appointment times.
- Seat and prepare emergency patients when cancellations or
no-show appointments allow.
- Schedule patients according to treatment priority and template.
- Communicate with patients in a clear and professional
- Check on patient comfort during treatment; helping to allay
- Check on post-operative patients.
- Assist team with any task which may aid the flow and care of
- Actively complete all assigned tasks when not directly involved
with patient care.
- Escort patients into treatment rooms and make them
- Prepare patients for treatment, explain scheduled treatments to
patients and/or parents
- Follow the dentist's lead and instruction in managing the
behavior of the pediatric patient.
- Hand dental instruments to the dentist in an accurate and
- Prepare necessary treatment materials in an accurate and timely
- Take preliminary impressions.
- Expose radiographs.
- Provide post-operative instructions and materials to
- When unable to schedule chairside, escort patients to the
scheduling desk after their visit.
- Assists with a team oriented and positive attitude in the
General and Ortho clinics if needed on occasion.
- Check treatment rooms for cleanliness and make necessary
- Check and turn on treatment room equipment.
- Review next day charts.
- Accurately prepare trays for treatment according to each
- Set up treatment room for each patient.
- Clean treatment rooms after each visit by discarding all
disposable items, assembling soiled instruments and placing them in
the sterilization area and cleaning treatment room surfaces with
- Presoak soiled instruments and place them in an ultrasonic
- Package and load instruments into the proper sterilizer.
- Store instruments in appropriate places.
- Mix required cleaning solutions and keep them fresh.
- Clean sterilizers and ultrasonic cleaner tank.
- Clean up treatment rooms at the end of the day and turn off
- Maintain a supply inventory for treatment rooms and
- Submit supply orders to the Director as necessary.
- Pour and trim models.
- Mail and pick up cases.
- Available to provide patient care from 8:00 am until 6:30
- Available to continue with patient care following the lunch
break.In such case that patient care extends into the regularly
scheduled lunch break, alternate scheduling arrangements will be
made with the Director or Dental Office Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dental Department
Keywords: Marimn Health, Spokane , PEDIATRIC DENTAL ASSISTANT, Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...