Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 13, 2019
General Practice opening in Spokane, Washington. This and other physical therapy jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) job in Spokane, Washington. The Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) job is a civilian position within the military medical system supporting the military and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-Friday daysFull-time hours (40) Holidays offFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) Job Overview:
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, asdirected by the physical therapist. Under supervision, administer such treatmentas exercise, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, paraffin, ice packs and traction. Instruct patients on segments of the programincluding proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliancesand devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and statictraction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improvefunctional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients'responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physicaltherapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces,prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health teammembers, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluatepatient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatmentprograms. Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to providecomplete care to patients. Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) Job Qualifications:
- BLS by AHA
- Computer Competency
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of at least 12 months experience in an outpatientorthopedic setting within the past two (2) years.
- Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapy assistant or possess current certification as a physical therapyassistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) in any U.S. jurisdiction. Position contingent on contract award with an estimated April 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Spokane , Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!