Customer Service Representative, Inbound Calls - New Hire Bonus
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings10Job Description SummaryA great career is
waiting for you at Travelers! New Hire Bonus at 3 months -
Milestone Bonus at 9 months - Join the Spokane Team as a Customer
Service Representative today!
This entry level position embodies Travelers' mission to help
provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Customer Service
Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they
need for life's unpredictable moments.
By handling inbound calls from our existing customers, our Customer
Service Representative can build and maintain effective
relationships with our customers and provide support to those who
need it most. This role may assist customers and agents with
quotes, policy inquires and changes, address insurance billing
questions or handle inquiries on technical support. This rewarding
opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits,
collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development
all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers.
By joining the Travelers team as a Customer Service Representative,
you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000 after 3 months
in your position. Additionally, to recognize your training and
growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone bonus of $1,500
after 9 months in your position. That's an additional $2,500!
- During the first 12 weeks of training, your schedule will
generally be 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. EST/7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Pacific
- Following training, the schedule will remain 10:00 a.m.-7:00
p.m. EST/7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Pacific Time. In this role, you will
support rotating weekends which is Saturdays (1 every 5/6 weeks)
AND currently our full-time remote employees also support Sundays
(1 every 8 weeks).
- This position is based in our Spokane, WA office.
- The target start date is February 21, 2022.
- This position offers a starting base salary of $41,000.
- Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the
completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further
information regarding the assessment including an accommodation
process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy
is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility. Employees who are part of a training or
development program may require up to a six-month waiting period
before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial
six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to
five days in the office.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Based on customer situation, provide policy options such as
additional deductible, basic coverages and discounts.
- Responds to customers/agents requests for quotes or changes to
- Reviews cancellations and reinstatements and makes appropriate
decisions to resolve with guidance.
- Resolves service-related complaints and complex calls with
guidance from others on more complex calls.
- Assist customers with simple intent calls.
- Acts as online billing systems and agency portal website expert
to provide proactive agency and customer support.
- Identifies new business opportunities driven by customer/agent
request where appropriate, which includes both coverage and
product. New business requests will be transferred as
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.Education, Work Experience, &
- Some college preferred.
- Prior insurance and/or call center experience a plus.
- Resident Property and Casualty or Personal Lines Insurance
- Previous customer service experience preferred.Licensing or
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting
expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying
content.Job Specific Technical Skills & CompetenciesTechnical
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.What's In It For
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus 9 paid company Holidays. You
also have the opportunity to purchase up to 6 additional days each
- Savings & Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k)
contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible
pay. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it
Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your
student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your
401(k). You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100%
funded by Travelers.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Experience : 0
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Spokane , Customer Service Representative, Inbound Calls - New Hire Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!