Food Services Ambassador - Day Shift - $1000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Food Services Ambassador
(Food and Nutrition Services, Days, 0.5 FTE, 20 hours per week) to
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We
are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission
to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all -
especially those who are poor and vulnerable. In this position you
- Customer Service: Maintain and promote positive, open and
honest interpersonal relationships with customers (physicians,
employees, visitors, patients, and other SHMC publics). Provides
high quality service to all customers; focuses on understanding
customers' needs and follows through. Demonstrates respect for the
capabilities, different cultures and or personalities of co-workers
and Medical Center publics within the mission/values of SHMC.
- Communication: Promote and demonstrate effective, open and
honest written and verbal communication skills.
- Self Management: Demonstrate self-management behaviors which
reflect a positive image of SHMC, following established policies
and procedures and promote an efficient, cost effective work
- Ownership /Stewardship and Accountability: Demonstrate good
stewardship of resources by treating property of customers, Sacred
Heart Medical Center and co-workers with care and respect.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all
levels of staff and other disciplines for problem solving without
- Flexibility: Demonstrate flexibility by readily adapting to
different situations to complete work.
- Make good use of low activity time periods by taking on
additional tasks and assisting co-workers.
- Complete all work on schedule to assure compliance with meal
service and delivery schedules by entire department, without
interference in the quality of work.
- Can assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose
appropriate course of action within the scope of the position.
- Use proper hand hygiene techniques, gelling in and out of
patient room, etc. Follows procedure by wearing gloves when
handling any food item and removes gloves before handling any
non-food item. Follows proper Body Substance Isolation
- Follow department and work area policies and procedures for
safe handling of patient's food.
- Practice infection control for the protection of patients and
- Follow department rules regarding designated eating areas.
Refrains from eating any hospital food unless it is paid for and/or
provided by SHMC for a specific event.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff as
- Use established training checklist as a guide for training new
- PATIENT MENU SELECTION AND PROCESSING:
- Use two patient identifiers when working with patient on menu
- Use basic knowledge of therapeutic nutrition in performing job
- Accurately enter patient related data into computer according
to established guidelines and standards.
- Clarify diet/nourishment related questions through appropriate
- Understand and can apply knowledge of diet office software
- Use available reference material to assure accurate patient
- Understand interface between clinical staff and ambassador
position and effectively uses that knowledge, if needed.
- Understand Floor Stock Procedures and stock floor as
- MEAL PROCESSING SYSTEM:
- Ensure proper procedure completed when entering patient meal
- Work directly with Dietetic Technician and Dietitian to ensure
prescribed diet compliance
- GENERAL OFFICE SKILLS:
- Remain organized and proceeds with work assignments with little
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Deliver trays and answers patient, family members and staff
questions using appropriate scripting.
- Use knowledge of therapeutic nutrition to guide patients and
staff toward food items consistent with prescribed diet.
- Greet and offer assistance to patient, families and staff as
needed. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Washington State Food Handler's permit.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Coursework/Training in Nutrition or Hospitality.
- 1 year Experience in a food service operation.
- 2 years Progressive experience in a large scale food service
operation or hospital.
- Therapeutic Diet knowledge.
- Use of Medical computer software including EPIC and
Computrition. About the department you will serve. Providence
Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane,
Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients
throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by
people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for
heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who
have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find
the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website
for details -http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
About Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of
"Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P354238 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Clinical Nutrition
Services Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Part time Shift: Day
Career Track: Admin Support Department: 3040 DIETARY WA SHMC
SPOKANE MAIN TOWER L3 Address: WA Spokane 101 W 8th Ave Providence
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability,
veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin,
sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Spokane , Food Services Ambassador - Day Shift - $1000 Sign-On Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!