Services District Leader-Pacific Northwest-7533-Eastern Washington/Ida
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: February 9, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPEThe Services District Leader (SDL) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values in order to develop high-performing services teams within one's district that consistently delivers sales growth in hair and skin services. The SDL influences a team of Salon Managers and General Managers within one district to exceed in all aspects of the services business, including service sales, guest satisfaction, and operational process. This leader drives district performance through a focus on service sales, recruiting Salon Managers and service professionals, grand openings, guest satisfaction, and GM/SM/PSM trainings. This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest service, and the aptitude to learn and teach best practices that promote sales growth, service techniques and product knowledge.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)The SDL is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):Performance
- Meet or exceed district goals related to services sales and operational excellence.
- Support the execution of district salon events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience while delivering on services sales and payroll goals.
- Build a team culture that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and coaching to the behaviors of the Ulta Beauty at your Service program while additionally driving guest loyalty.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including salon visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and support partner to Salon Managers (SM) and General Managers within their district through sharing of best practices that promote overall sales and salon professional growth.
- Support new store grand openings within district.People
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of Salon Managers and services professionals for the district while teaching SMs and GMs how to network and recruit.
- Train, coach and develop the SMs and ensure they are executing monthly Empower Hour meetings with designers and skin therapists.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of designers and skin therapists and ensure all designers and skin therapists are attending Ulta Beauty training programs and classes.
- Establish professional partner relationships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on service sales goals.
- Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the leadership team by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Facilitate Salon Manager on-boarding, GM onboarding (Services portion of FAB start), and PSM services training.
- Support partner to Services District Educator (SDE) and District Manager.Process
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance to Infection Control Policy.
- Teach salon teams how to create and adjust schedules that support service sales growth.
- Teach teams how to manage salon supply inventory, including ordering product, managing orders within allocated budget and ensuring products necessary for services are on hand.
- Follow-up with teams to ensure they are using the company's task management tool to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption. Education
- Bachelor's degree (recommended) or Cosmetology school graduate (recommended)Experience
- 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Advanced competency in salon sales, product and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Board of Cosmetologists regulations and hiring requirements
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencingSkills
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptableSPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Spokane , Services District Leader-Pacific Northwest-7533-Eastern Washington/Ida, Hospitality & Tourism , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!