Experienced Payroll Specialist
Company: Chs Inc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an exciting opportunity within our
Corporate Payroll Operations department. We are looking for a
Payroll Specialist to join our high performing payroll team. You
must be a detail-oriented individual with a commitment to quality,
accuracy, confidentiality, great customer service, and the ability
to organize and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment to
meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written, with strong problem solving skills, basic accounting
principles knowledge, and the ability to work in both a team
environment and on self-directed tasks is
- Process bi-weekly hourly and semi-monthly salary payrolls
accurately and timely.
- Process, analyze and validate time off accruals, voluntary and
involuntary payroll deductions, new hire information, changes,
terminations, bonuses, retirement, etc.
- Set up, maintain, and be knowledgeable of garnishments, levies,
and child support notices, as well as process disclosure forms and
request vendor payments.
- Set up and maintain employee direct deposit information.
- Assist with Ad Hoc reports information to be used for
reporting, bonus calculations and budgeting purpose
- Manage and maintain payroll records to ensure compliance,
accuracy, and completeness.
- Develop and produce accurate required or requested payroll
reports on a timely basis.
- Assist and provide support to employees and supervisors in our
automated time keeping system.
- Provide excellent customer service in a timely and accurate
- Ensure all payroll activities are executed in accordance with
IRS, state and local regulations, and company guidelines.
- Complete special projects, assist teammates, and perform
administrative duties as required.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.Minimum Qualifications
- 2 plus years of payroll experience, or closely related field,
in a fast paced environment
- Associate degree in a related field or FPC or CPP
Certification. In lieu of the degree or certification, 5 plus years
of payroll experience, or experience in a closely related
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- FPC or CPP Certification
- Experience working in a corporate payroll department
- Working knowledge of HRIS system, including Lawson Software and
Workbrain Time and AttendanceCHS offers a competitive total
compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision,
Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid
Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and
Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption
assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.by Jobble
Keywords: Chs Inc, Spokane , Experienced Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!