Technical Assistant - Blood Banking, Pendleton (4802)
Company: Interpath Laboratory
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Interpath Laboratory is accepting highly detail-oriented and
critically thinking candidates for an entry level Lab Associate I
(Blood Banking) role based at their prestigious primary reference
lab in Pendleton, OR where they will work alongside a large team of
professionals committed to serving patients by providing timely and
accurate results to healthcare providers.
Interpath will provide on the job training to individuals who have
earned their Bachelors Degree in a physical, chemical, or
biological science discipline and encourage new graduates to apply.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and then
pursue remote schooling toward earning a Med Tech certification
with one our higher education partners.
Check out this video about what it's like working at Interpath
- Ensures accurate and timely testing of collected
- Assists MT s and MLT s in performing tests within the areas of
- Assists in operating complex automated laboratory equipment,
electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments.
Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as
- Participates in some aspects of proficiency testing.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and
regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance
- Follows all established improved quality (I.Q.) protocols.
- Follows established safety protocols.
- Performs other work related duties as the needs of the team
- Accepts results as training and complexity allows.
This position is based at Interpath's primary reference lab in
Pendleton, OR and has an attractive schedule of Monday - Friday,
8am - 5pm. You'll work alongside a large team of professionals
committed to serving patients by providing timely and accurate
results to healthcare providers.
About Pendleton: Small town living at its best, Pendleton, Oregon
is the perfect Western community to call home. Known for its
friendly neighbors, beautiful landscapes and abundant outdoor
activities. The region offers the kind of lifestyle the Northwest
is famous for, and is paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, and
includes hiking, boating, cycling, white water rafting, hunting and
fishing. You ll find affordable living, as well as an active art
scene, museums, restaurants, brew pubs, golf courses, and a
regional airport that offers daily commercial flights to
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules,
guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This
includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the
COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent
a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation
requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed
and approved based on the circumstances presented.
Education: Bachelors degree in chemical, physical or biological
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical
and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon,
Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest s leading, innovative
laboratory company dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and
economical laboratory testing services and pride ourselves on
building a vibrant work culture where building relationships,
teamwork, curiosity, and positive attitudes are at the core! From a
comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and
development program which fosters career growth - we truly value
our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have
built since 1967.
In addition to 'above average' market compensation, Interpath also
has a comprehensive benefits package. Benefit Highlights:
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for
employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off Technical Assistants must wear appropriate
protective gear (lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield) at all
times while in the lab and are regularly exposed to infection by
handling potentially infectious samples. Physical requirements, in
addition to willingness & ability to wear protective gear while
- Ability to stand for extended period of times
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Mobility to climb stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to distinguish color and pass vision acuity
- Laboratory setting includes numerous automated machines that
make humming and beeping sounds.
- High level of staff activity and interaction in relatively
- Must be able to hear in order to monitor alarms and respond to
any safety hazards in a timely manner.
- Regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially
- Wearing appropriate protective gear: Lab coat, gloves, goggles,
and face shield.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, crawl, bend and twist as
- Requires walking on non-level surfaces, inside and outside the
office, throughout the day.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Ability to work long hours, and overtime, as needed. OSHA
Category: This position performs tasks that involve exposure to
blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these
duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B
EOE Disabled/Veteran: Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity
Disabled / Veteran Employer and provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Interpath Laboratory, Spokane , Technical Assistant - Blood Banking, Pendleton (4802), IT / Software / Systems , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!