Assistant Professor - Computer Science & Electrical Engineering - Cybersecurity
Company: Eastern Washington University
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Assistant Professor - Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
- CybersecurityPlease see Special Instructions for more details.
Applications are open and accepted until recruitment is closed.
Screening of applications will begin on October 1, 2023and
applications will continue to be screened until recruitment is
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these
instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete
the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable
once you begin the application process.
Submit your application materials through our online applications
portal located here: https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to
submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources
Services at (509) 359-2381. Questions about the position may be
directed to the search committee chair Dr. Stu Steiner (509)
730-5788 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or the department chair Dr. Esteban
Rodriguez-Marek (509) 828-1304 or email@example.com. All
materials will be held in strict confidence; references will not be
contacted until candidates have been notified.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below:
- Cover letter that addresses each of the key responsibilities
and qualifications of the position;
- List of three references with names, title, organization,
addresses, email, phone numbers, and their connection to you;
- Statement of teaching interest and philosophy;
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Statement of your research experience and your research
- Diversity response statement - As an equal-opportunity employer
with a multicultural staff and student population, we are
interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with
diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing
various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your
own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is
supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our
students, faculty, staff, and the public. Job Duties % of Time 100
Responsibility / Duty A Faculty Activity Plan will be developed by
the end of the first quarter of the selected candidate's
appointment, and will consist of a combination of teaching,
research, service, and/or release time to perform administrative
duties, as negotiated and as needed to meet the business needs of
Additionally, all faculty are expected to engage in effective
teaching and assessment of student learning.
- Meet all scheduled classes;
- Engage in culturally responsive teaching practices that support
- Plan, organize and inform students of the course content,
texts, readings, assignments, attendance regulations and methods of
evaluation including grading scales;
- Schedule and attend office hours;
- Turn in grades according to established deadlines;
- Advise students who are declared majors on department, college
and University requirements and career opportunities. Essential
Function Indicator Yes Posting Specific Questions Required fields
are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Keywords: Eastern Washington University, Spokane , Assistant Professor - Computer Science & Electrical Engineering - Cybersecurity, IT / Software / Systems , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!