Product Owner-Microsoft Platform
Company: Northwest Farm Credit
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Product Owner-Microsoft Platform
# of Openings
Northwest Farm Credit Services is in search of a Product Owner to
join our Microsoft Platform delivery team in our Spokane
Headquarters location. As a member-owned financial cooperative, we
help business owners in agriculture, forestry and fisheries secure
the financing they need to operate and grow, and the crop insurance
they need to protect their livelihoods. Our customers are primarily
located in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Northwest
FCS is a recipient of the 2019 Gallup Great Workplace Award and was
named a Best Place to Work in the Inland Northwest three years
This full-time position is responsible for organizing and
communicating the strategy, roadmap, resource prioritization,
implementation and ongoing improvement of the Microsoft 365
platform and related collaboration technologies. Reporting to the
Vice President-Project Management and Technology, the Product Owner
leads an engaged, innovative, high-performing delivery team to
enhance the effective adoption of the Microsoft platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Aligns product vision, strategy, roadmap and value proposition
with organizational strategic goals; holds primary accountability
for product delivery team success.
- Leads product delivery team by communicating product vision,
prioritizing business requirements and work deliverables, and
ensuring appropriate resource allocation and coordination.Leverages
team member expertise, provides coaching and shares feedback with
- Acts as an advocate for customers and staff; evaluates
competing priorities and establishes appropriate course of
- Evaluates emerging technology and relevant product features
with a focus on assessing opportunities for enhancements.
- Works with internal/external stakeholders to clarify business
requirements, negotiate tradeoffs of conflicting priorities, gain
alignment, remove roadblocks and effectively resolve open
- Establishes product release priorities and oversees iterative
development planning; balances strategic and tactical business
objectives, user needs, resource constraints, risks and technical
feasibility considerations. Escalates resource and prioritization
conflicts to Business Technology Management Committee.
- Collaborates with delivery team Facilitator and other Product
Owners to manage shared cross-product and cross-project
- Leads product acceptance and readiness reviews with
stakeholders to ensure acceptance criteria and test scripts for
User Acceptance Testing meet organizational needs.
- Works with internal/external stakeholders and providers to
manage security and compliance requirements.
- Works with organizational change management, learning and
development and marketing staff on the development of the change
management plan with a focus on user adoption.
This role provides direct supervision for approximately one to
three exempt staff and matrix leadership for the delivery team.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Generally requires at least five to seven years' related and
progressively complex experience in an IT leadership role,
preferably in financial services or related field
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated
ability to persuade, encourage and motivate others
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud architecture, directory
and identity management, networking, IT security, vendor
management, and IT service management (ITSM)
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to clearly
define requirements that capture business challenges and identify
- Strong understanding of Agile, product management, project
management and business analysis methodologies
- Experience in applying user adoption strategies, preferably for
Microsoft 365 implementations desired
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Microsoft 365 certifications (Fundamentals and Teamwork
- Experience with planning, configuration, optimization and
deployment of Microsoft Azure solutions (PaaS, VMs, AD, Automation,
Monitor, etc.) preferred
In addition to a comprehensive suite of core benefits designed to
support employees at all career stages, Northwest FCS provides all
employees with 24 paid hours annually to volunteer in their
communities; a substantial employer match to our award-winning
401(k) plan; a bonus plan; generous paid vacation, sick, and
parental leave; and financial assistance for adoptions. All
employees also have access to robust learning opportunities
including an Audible subscription and LinkedIn Learning.
Jeans/appropriate casual is the standard dress code.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Keywords: Northwest Farm Credit, Spokane , Product Owner-Microsoft Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!