Posted on: December 5, 2019
JOB SUMMARYThe Operations Supervisor will effectively direct and
manage all activities related to drivers and dockworkers at End of
Line facilities. Utilize resources to move freight in the safest
and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer
expectations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop daily delivery plan utilizing equipment, manpower, and
other resources to ensure effective and efficient operations and
that work assignments are completed properly.
- Supervises all activities of drivers and dockworkers
responsible for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with
productive pick-up and delivery of freight at customer
- Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are
available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of
- Ensure load quality, timelines, and work efficiency goals are
- Recruit, develop and retain qualified personnel to ensure
effective operations in support of company's mission and goals.
Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline
of terminal employees.
- Conduct performance reviews and focus on development and career
- Communicates company safety program, trains, and enforces
safety rules and compliance with all government regulations.
- Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work
environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
- Ensure compliance with government, company, and local labor
regulations, policies, and procedures.COMPETENCIES
- High Levels of Integrity and Trust - Adheres to moral, ethical,
and professional standards, regulations, and organizational
policies; keeps commitments to promised actions.
- Composed in Extreme Pressure Situations - Maintaining stable
performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time
pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner
that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Prioritizes Key Tasks - Identifies more critical and less
critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when
- Focused on Customers - Ensuring that the internal or external
customer's perspective is a driving force behind strategic
priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and
individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices
that meet customers' and own organization's needs; promoting and
operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Effective Planner - Plans work for team and self to create
- Great at Motivating Others - Motivating increased employee
effort by communicating a compelling view of the organization's
purpose and its future state in a way that helps others understand
the importance of their contributions and feel how outcomes will be
different when progress is achieved.
- Effective Time Management - Effectively managing one's time and
resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Perseveres Through Difficult Times - Demonstrates an
understanding of own emotional triggers, strengths, and development
needs as well as the impact of own behavior on others.
- Highly Effective Communication Skills - Conveying information
and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an
engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message;
listening actively to others.
- Skilled Problem Solver - Has operational capacity that allows
an understanding and ability to work through the challenges of the
- Goal Oriented - ambitious in nature, working to better the team
as a whole by exceeding key metrics.
- Delegates Effectively - Identifying and leveraging
opportunities to accelerate results and build capability by
assigning tasks and decision-making responsibilities to individuals
or teams with clear boundaries, expectations, support, and
- Develops Subordinates - Planning and supporting the development
of individuals' knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can
fulfill current or future job responsibilities more
- Action Oriented - Ability to learn quickly and apply learning
when decisions need to be made and work is being
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the transportation industry with a deep knowledge
of operations and logistics.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree in transportation, business, engineering or
- Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
- Forklift certified.WORKING CONDITIONSEnvironmental working
conditions vary and employee may encounter vibration, noise, odors,
and extremes in temperature and wind as well as exposure to varied
weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges, varied lighting and confined
and congested areas and occasionally exposure to petroleum-based
products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, and grease.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe position requires the ability to stand, walk, and
maintain balance for extensive periods of time. Continually
speaking and hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally
sit. Seldom lift up to 50 lbs. Seldom perform repetitive tasks;
stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat,
kneel and stoop. The ability to operate a forklift and dolly is
necessary for loading and unloading customer freight when
Combination City Driver/Dock Workers are not available.Reddaway is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
EmployerMinorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected
Keywords: Reddaway, Spokane , Operations Supervisor, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!