Development Specialist, Walk MS
Company: National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Posted on: January 15, 2020
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit
that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world
free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by
MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore
what has been lost and end MS forever. We are more than an
organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to
do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the
National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real
difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that
values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of
all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best
lives. The Specialist, Walk MS is responsible for the
implementation and success in assigned portfolio of events and will
provide support and is accountable for reaching fundraising goals
by overseeing all aspects of events, including individual
participant fundraising, team fundraising, top fundraising clubs,
volunteer management, sponsorship and participant recognition while
operating within a budget. The Development Specialist acts as an
ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage
participants and their donors with the mission by providing
exceptional customer service. This position works closely with the
development team and organization to foster participant engagement,
exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and
drive revenue and participation.-- -- Essential
Function/Responsibility Responsible for the retention, acquisition
and cultivation of Top Fundraisers, teams and individual
participants for assigned portfolio of events.
- Recruit, orient, train, and monitor performance of volunteers
to organize events that meet or exceed the established fundraising
- Implement and evaluate the Walk MS Plan in alignment with the
Society's operational plan.
- Develop event campaign and operational plans in conjunction
with Society strategies. Oversee the implementation and evaluation
of fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Implement a successful business plan using the organization's
core business tactics to reach this goal.
- Develop strong networks within the local community, cold call
or develop and grow prospects for potential revenue streams, and
volunteer opportunities, and to increase Walk MS visibility and
- Assist by providing leadership to volunteer committees to
ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish
tasks required for successful events.
- Maintain accurate records/ data to evaluate effectiveness and
public awareness of events activities and results. Work alongside
supervisor to remain under budget for even
- Develop and implement events to recognize, reward, and motivate
successful volunteers and fundraisers to ensure ongoing
- Adhere to the approved MS Walk budget for any and all purchase
orders and check requests
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communication
with: New Teams, Participants, , Clients, Client Services and
Programs Department and Volunteers
- Plan Awards / Recognition Dinner for participants, teams,
sponsors and top fundraisers Volunteer Engagement--
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating
meaningful opportunities across all functions.
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish work.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and
sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Keywords: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Spokane , Development Specialist, Walk MS, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!