Student Accounts Specialist
Company: Whitworth University
Posted on: February 14, 2020
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Provide a wide range of student financial services, including
billing, collecting, tracking and reporting of outstanding balances
for assigned accounts portfolio, ensuring account transactions and
reporting are accurate, and providing customer service to students,
parents and internal and external clients.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Analyze, audit, and post pre-approved changes, adjustments,
corrections to assigned students' accounts portfolio.
- Provide personal/phone customer services to students and
parents; including, assisting with window traffic.
- Initiate payment plans and collection activities.
- Skip trace, place collection calls, prepare collection
- Research accounts for write-offs, recommend placement with
- Prepare outside agency payments for posting.
- Run and audit various reports pertaining to Student
- Process and audit electronic monthly billing
- Audit, prepare and distribute electronic disbursements or
- Other duties as assigned.
- Back up the main campus cashier when needed.
- Assist in monitoring campus compliance of cash management
- Assist with daily bank deposits, cash reconciliations and cash
counts for Cashier.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and the
integration of faith and learning.
- Demonstrated cultural competence, proven awareness of and
experience to effectively establishing relationships and positive
communications across multiple dimensions of diversity including,
but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with staff, faculty, parents, and students.
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University
as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the
- The willingness and availability to work evenings and weekends
PREFERRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with computer billing systems
and electronic processes.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 including word
processing, spreadsheets and query building.
- Experience in the use of ten-key and other office machines such
as computers and credit card processors.
- Previous collection experience.
- Proficiency in handling cash.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Effective written, verbal, and telephone communication and
customer service skills.
- Ability to process, understand, and post electronic
- The ability to meet the physical qualifications of the position
with or without accommodation.
- The ability to function as part of a team and develop
productive and collegial working relationships.
- The ability and desire to work with faculty, staff and students
in a collegial and effective manner.
- The ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
and in noisy and sometimes crowded conditions.
- The ability to prepare and maintain record of transactions.
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSITION: No direct
Education: High School diploma or GED, college degree preferred.
Experience: One to three years in a customer service or financial
Licenses or Certifications: None required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A background check and confirmation of
degrees earned will be required of the successful candidate. A
r--sum--, cover letter, faith statement, and names, addresses, and
phone numbers of at least three (3) professional references will
also be required.
Keywords: Whitworth University, Spokane , Student Accounts Specialist, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!