SAP iXp Intern - Web Speed Performance Engineer (Front-End)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to
do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and
reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in
enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats
why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and
spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and
building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a
diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides
opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform
industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our
environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the
world run better and improve peoples lives.
ABOUT THE SAP INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE PROJECT:
The SAP Internship Experience Project is SAPs global, paid
internship program that provides university students with the
opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
THREE REASONS TO INTERN AT SAP:
1. CULTURE OF COLLABORATION:Meet with mentors, make new friends
across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. PROJECT-DRIVEN EXPERIENCE:Gain cross-functional skills from our
virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter
experts, and project deliverables.
3. GAIN VISIBILITY:With SAP Internship Experience Project in your
title, youll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs
and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The SAP Digital Platforms team, within SAPs Intelligence Enterprise
Solutions group, is responsible for SAP.com and associated external
(public-facing) digital web properties. The SAP Digital Platforms
team is responsible for the development lifecycle, continuous
integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices, and overall
operational support for 47 country sites globally in 23
The SAP.com Digital Platforms team is a detail-oriented, in-house
services team that is constantly pushing the envelope by working
within our creative and technical boundaries to encourage internal
customers to build the best user-experiences and blazing-fast
WHAT YOULL DO:
POSITION TITLE:SAP IXP INTERN - WEB SPEED PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
LOCATION: NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA
EXPECTED START DATE TO END DATE: JUNE - DECEMBER 2021
IN THIS ROLE, YOULL:
The SAP.com Digital Platforms team is looking for an Intern to
assist the Speed Performance Monitoring Lead to collaborate with
the design, development, and other operational leads for SAPs
digital landscapes. Our on-going objective to improve the online
responsiveness of our user-experience on desktop and mobile web
browsers in support of SAPs 2021 Mobile-First strategy.
This role is responsible for assisting in the management of SAP.com
and other digital entities including communications, content and
assets for various areas of the global website and digital
programs. The position provides a main point of contact for
assigned requests, driving projects to completion through close
collaboration with core platform team members, leadership, and
assigned third-party agencies to ensure efficient and timely
production of a high-quality digital customer experience.
WHO YOU ARE:
We're looking for a self-motivated, out-of-the-box thinker who
enjoys challenges across a broad range of technology subject areas,
is pursuing a career in Computer Science, Front-End Web
Development, or User-Experience Design with knowledge and interest
in performance and optimization, front-end development, interactive
design, application performance industry, and enterprise level
- Audit websites for performance, identify optimization
opportunities, and present the results in the cross-functional team
- Work in a collaborative environment developing and executing
against immediate and long-term incremental programs.
- Make effective tradeoffs considering business priorities, but
always with the user-experience in mind.
- Advise web engineering teams on key technical performance and
optimization considerations and best practices.
- Work with Data/Analytics team on ensure assets are trackable for
reporting and insights initiatives.
- Work with partners (e.g.: Adobe, Splunk, Google, and other
third-party web services) and consulting agencies to ensure each
site release or initiative delivers maximum impact to customers
across all websites and data platforms.
- Generate performance reports, competitive analysis, and
benchmarks for internal partners using our best-in-class
performance and optimization tool-sets.
- Build out and report on synthetic tests with Splunk (a.k.a.
Rigor) Synthetic Testing platform.
- Build out available real-user monitoring test reports with
SAP.com Development Team.
- Analyze performance metrics and build plans for improvements with
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by contributing to
new features and technical documentation.
- Assist with discovering and debugging issues found on web
- Find areas we can optimistically render UI without waiting on a
- Police and standardize performance budgets, health-checks,
scorecards, and KPIs directed by your main point of contact.
- Monitor and measure complex multi-step user flows on our
customers websites and applications using a full browser and a
- Track mobile and desktop experiences and performance over time
using pre-determined, industry standard network connections.
- Monitor and optimize third-party tags and identify slow and
error-causing external script risks.
- Run tests with highly customizable configurations on any device
type, connection speed or viewport
- Develop, share, and set the bar within SAP for high quality in
web performance engineering.
- Assist in the support of planning and project management.
- Assist building internal webpages in SAP JAM, Microsoft Teams,
and other wiki-based platforms for documentation and communication
in support of SAPs Speed Performance Monitoring program.
- Help organize projects in accordance with requirements.
- Assist with SAP.com agile ceremonies and planning.
- Leverage tools and technology for SAP.com content and asset
- Have very good communication skills and enjoy communicating
challenging technical concepts.
- Measure and A/B test site performance solutions.
- Mentor, educate and advocate for web performance across our
Keywords: SAP, Spokane , SAP iXp Intern - Web Speed Performance Engineer (Front-End), Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!