Company: Department of Defense
Posted on: June 9, 2021
About the Position:
Note: Competition for Security Guard positions is restricted by
law to persons entitled to veterans preference as long as such
applicants are available for appointment.
This position is located at Little Goose Dam, Starbuck, WA. The
Dam is operated by the USACE and is situated on the Snake River,
65-river miles downstream from Clarkston, WA and 70-river miles
upstream from the Tri-Cities, WA. Work duties will be performed
inside and outside the hydroelectric facility.
Learn more about this agency
- Screens all vehicles, vehicle occupants, and pedestrians
entering the Project to ensure compliance with established
procedures and security directives.
- Inspects vehicles and cargo for the purpose of
identifying/locating contraband, explosives, concealed drugs, and
other illegal items.
- Protects government property, facilities, equipment and
materials against trespassing, sabotage, theft, fire, and
- Investigates all suspicious activities and takes corrective
action as necessary.
- Conducts area security patrols.
0085 Security Guard
- Guards, Security
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Personal Security Investigation required.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required IAW EP
- Position requires employee to wear uniform and/or protective
- Pre-employment physical is required.
- Valid state driver?s license required.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun
Control Act of 1968.
- At this time, this is an un-armed Guard position.
- Position also requires qualification to perform first aid and
- Must be able to maintain qualification for the Individual
- Must pass a physical agility test every 12 months, IAW AR
190-56, which will include an evaluation of upper body strength,
abdominal strength, and cardio-respiratory endurance.
- May be required to successfully complete government provided
training at the US Army Military Police School, which would
necessitate residing in a barracks/training environment.
- Any and all incumbents of this position must, in accordance
with Chapter 3, Section VI, paragraph 3-20b(6) of AR 600-85, and
Appendix C, AR 600-85, agree to submit to urinalysis on a recurring
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes the protection of property against such hazards as fire,
theft, damage, accident, or trespass; or maintaining order and
protecting life. This definition of specialized experience is
typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in
the federal service (GS-04).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency
in the following areas:
- Access Control Operations
- Physical Security
- Security Documentation
- Security Equipment Operation
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
Keywords: Department of Defense, Spokane , Security Guard, Other , Starbuck, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!