Job ID: 300201
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of
the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth,
development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic,
growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and
construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked
to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete,
asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized
by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer
service, and innovation.
Drive truck equipped with dump body (solo, dump, pup) to
transport and dump materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, or
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure
safe operational order and report maintenance or repair
- Operate truck in safe and efficient manner by utilizing it
within its designed parameters to deliver materials to construction
and customer sites. Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch
- Be familiar with tag, tongue reach, tailgate position and
location of levers and switches.
- Pull levers to tilt body and dump contents. Shovel material as
required. Set spreader chains when applicable.
- Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete
prior to arriving on the job. When loading, ensure proper materials
are loaded in a safe manner. Obtain proper signatures as required.
Deliver construction materials to jobsites at instructed. Ensure
proper entry of on-the-job information on customer delivery
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and
forward to maintenance personnel.
- Perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs (i.e. mud
flaps and mirror adjustments). Promptly detect and report improper
operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual
conditions to shop personnel.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of the job or as
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and
out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain operator logs, time cards, mileage sheets, vehicle
repair sheets, and records in accordance with company policy and
departmental transportation regulations. Use computer for Zonar and
- May operate a front-end loader or roller
- Before loading, make sure tailgate is latched. Keep sideboards,
trailer tongues and back of truck free of all materials.
- There may be some out-of-town work that could be required on a
job-to-job basis during the season.
- May assist members of the work force in other areas of
production, including shoveling materials on grade and pave
projects, running plant loader, operating roller, driving water
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years general driving experience in a commercial or
construction setting highly preferred.
Certificates, License, Registrations
- Class A CDL required and current DOT medical card.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with
Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA,
DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates good internal and external customer service,
communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job
- Basic Mechanical skills
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands
to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands
and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually
The statements included in this job description are not intended
to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2021