Temp Seasonal - Sports Officials (Flag Football Referees and Softball Umpires)
Company: City of Spokane
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Looking for Sports Officials to officiate assigned games for
league and tournament play. Must be able to make instantaneous
decisions on rules of play set forth by Spokane Parks and
Recreation. Approximately 2.5 - 20 hours a week, based on
availability. Season is typically March through November.
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary duties of the Sports Official include, but are not
- Observe actions of players, regulate play, ensure guidelines,
rules and sportsmanship are enforced
- Resolve conflict among players, spectators, and others in
- Officials may confer with other officials or department staff
to coordinate actions and discuss problems.
Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Record keeping
- Document game and/or incident reports
- Document accidents/injuries
- Inspect sports equipment and/or players to ensure safety and
compliance with rules
- Put player safety and health first by dealing effectively with
unsafe situations or player conduct, including coaches and the
Previous experience working within recreation programs, and/or
previous team-sports experience (officiating experience desired but
not required). Seeking outgoing and professional individuals who
possess the ability to make instantaneous decisions, resolve
conflicts, and be able to handle stress and pressure well.
Must be 18 years of age and have reliable transportation
Applicants are subject to background checks & drug test.
- Have excellent communication skills and decision-making
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
- Availibilty to work evening and weekend hours
- Ability to lift 20-50 lbs with or without reasonable
Keywords: City of Spokane, Spokane , Temp Seasonal - Sports Officials (Flag Football Referees and Softball Umpires), Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!