Assistant Football Coach
Company: Walla Walla Public Schools
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Assistant Football Coach will assist in directing the
football program at the high school level.
- Implement teaching and coaching philosophies consistent with
the Walla Walla School District and Washington Interscholastic
Activities Association (WIAA) mission statements.
- Instruct participants in individual, group and team techniques,
tactics and physical training necessary for the realization of
- Communicate a clearly defined philosophy which emphasizes
ethical competition, sportsmanship, leadership, and citizenship
with students, parents, staff, and community members.
- Utilize effective coaching techniques for skill development,
strategy, and interpersonal team relations.
- Develop and promote high level performance expectations for all
players and coaches.
- Support and help implement the established off-season strength,
conditioning and skills development program.
District Athletic Director, Head Coach, Building Principal and
Education and Experience
- Teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Successful experience in teaching technical skills specific to
this coaching position.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively carry out the duties of the
program as established by the Head Coach, High School Principal,
Athletic Director and policies of the Walla Walla School
- Verified coaching techniques in the area of scope and sequence
of skill development, safety, teamwork, strategy, interpersonal
relations, routine training, practice and game organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work
cooperatively with students, parents, coaches, administrators,
staff, and community; effective public relations skills.
- Evidence of short and long-term organization and management
- Evidence of being a positive role model.
- Clearly-defined philosophy for the coaching level applied
- Professional integrity, vigor, flexibility, enthusiasm.
- WIAA certification and compliance with WIAA and district rules
- Must meet the age requirements of WIAA applicable to this
- Continuous training standard requires that during any
three-year period of coaching a minimum of 15 clock hours shall be
completed by all high school coaches.
- Possess current First Aid/CPR cards and be versed in related
preventative health and training standards.
- Meet and maintain coaching standards as determined by the
District and Washington Interscholastic Activities
- Completed Employment Application/Background Check.
- Resume of education, experience and references to include three
Extra Curricular Salary Schedule
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and
may be supplemented as necessary.
The Walla Walla School District does not discriminate in any
programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion,
color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual
orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the
use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal
access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The
Walla Walla School District will also take steps to assure that
national origin persons who lack English language skills can
participate in all education programs, services and activities. For
information regarding translation services or transitional
bilingual education programs, contact (509) 527-3000. The following
employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints
of alleged discrimination:
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator
Title IX Coordinator Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Liz Campeau, Director of HR Libby Thompson, Director of Special
364 S. Park Street 364 S. Park Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362 Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509) 527-3000 (509) 527-3000
Keywords: Walla Walla Public Schools, Spokane , Assistant Football Coach, Other , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!