Food Service Specialist Full Time
Company: Pioneer Human Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Food Service Specialist with a
passion for working in human services.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides
individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead
healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly
serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. Pioneer
Center East (PCE) provides residential and intensive inpatient
treatment for people who battle chronic substance use disorder.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Food Service Specialist is responsible for handling and
serving food to residents. The Food Service Specialist is also
responsible for maintaining all food safety guidelines and
procedures. Additional responsibilities include:
- Wash dishes, clean and sanitize the kitchen area to include
walk in refrigerators, freezers and restrooms
- Comply with all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Multi-tasking and working on more than one item at a time.
- Maintaining cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Assemble, package and label products for delivery.
- Wrap cold food with plastic wrap and label appropriately.
- Assist in putting product deliveries away while rotating
product and keeping dry storage areas, and cold area storage areas
clean and organized.
- Wipe down stainless steel work areas with sanitizing
- Load and unload delivery vans.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and possess a valid WA
state Food handler's card.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
PREFERABLY YOU'LL BRING
- Some experience working in a commercial kitchen
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000
people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+
locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition
for a bachelor's degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees'
annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match
is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off,
weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of
minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans
and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical
or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law
poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves
the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all
employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana
and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana
Keywords: Pioneer Human Services, Spokane , Food Service Specialist Full Time, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!