Biochemistry Division Laboratory Supervisor
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence is calling a Biochemistry Division Laboratory
Supervisor (Lab Biochemistry, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred
Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of
caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
In this position you will:
- Maintain and promote positive, open and honest interpersonal
relationships with customers (physicians, employees, visitors,
patients, and other PSHMC publics). Provide high quality service to
all customers; focuses on understanding customers' needs and
follows through. Demonstrate respect for the capabilities,
different cultures and or personalities of co-workers and Medical
Center publics within the mission/values of PSHMC.
- Promote and demonstrate effective, open and honest written and
verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate self-management behaviors, which reflect a positive
image of PSHMC, following established policies and procedures and
promote an efficient, cost effective work environment.
- Demonstrate good stewardship of resources by treating property
of customers, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and co-workers
with care and respect.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff
and other disciplines for problem solving without blaming.
- Demonstrate flexibility by readily adapting to different
situations to complete work.
- Collaborate with the Laboratory Director to maintain a logical
system of planning for the most cost-effective use of resources to
achieve the short and long-term objectives of the department.
- Demonstrate ability to assist the staff in identifying,
arranging and prioritizing work to be performed in a manner which
is in compliance with regulatory standards, Medical Center values,
and management responsibilities so that it is accomplished by the
appropriate and most cost-effective individuals with a maximum
degree of satisfaction for patients, staff and clients.
- Assure the most effective utilization of resources by selecting
and developing competent staff, makes logical decisions and builds
staff motivation so that staff will achieve their maximum
- Measure and evaluate staff performance against competencies,
Service Excellence and regulatory standards, and provide positive
feedback, or constructive criticism so that staff performance is
recognized and individual development is facilitated on a
continuing basis. Monitor laboratory division on financial and
- Perform all the delegated staffing and scheduling tasks as
outlined in the staffing and scheduling system, Personnel policy
and union contracts.
- Maintain and keep current skills and knowledge for the job
through continued education programs.
- Manage ongoing and overall quality of the total testing
process, relative to meeting patients and customers needs.
- Follow all safety guidelines outlined in the Laboratory Safety
Manual and Departmental Procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence
in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for
patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are
chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical
robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland
Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know
they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Spokane , Biochemistry Division Laboratory Supervisor, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!