Company: Community Health Association of Spokane
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by
providing oral health care to adults and children as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs dental cleanings, scalings, and prophylaxis, as
indicated under supervision of a Dentist.
- Applies preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and
- Administers local anesthesia.
- Places permanent and provisional restorations.
- Performs x-rays, as needed.
- Records evaluations of oral condition on dental charts.
- Gives oral hygiene instructions, dietary advice and provides
information about necessary dental care.
- Supports dental providers and other clinical staff when not in
hygiene appointment, including sterilization.
- Participates in the development and implementation of provider
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service training as
directed by Dental Director.
- Represents CHAS Health at conferences, meetings, and continuing
- Treats patients with highest respect in all functions of job
and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an ADA-accredited dental
hygiene program required. Previous experience in a community dental
clinic preferred. Valid hygienist licensure from Washington State
Department of Health or Idaho Board of Dentistry required at time
of hire. Must be able to secure credentialing through identified
agencies (Medicaid, etc.) Valid driver's license and insurance
Idaho clinics: Must have or be eligible to obtain an extended
access dental hygiene restorative endorsement through the Idaho
Board of Dentistry within 1 year of hire.
Skills: Excellent customer service, oral and written
communications skills required. Compassion for patients required.
Must be able to work well in team environment. Ability to
multi-task in fast-paced work environment, with ability to
anticipate future needs. Computer skills required. Knowledge in
surgical and restorative dental assisting required. CPR/AED
certification for a Health Care Provider required.
Hygienists are required to stand under one-third of the day;
while sitting and being mobile are required one-third to two-thirds
of the time. They are required to use hands to finger, handle or
feel over two-thirds of the time, as well as reach with hands and
arms. Climbing, kneeling or crouching occurs less than one-third of
the time; while balancing, stooping and crouching occur between
one-third and two-thirds of the day. Communicating by talking /
hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Smelling occurs between
one-third and two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent lifting
or exerting force is about 30% for up to 10 pounds. Rarely is there
a need to lift more than 11 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Community Health Association of Spokane, Spokane , Hygienist, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!