Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence is calling a Staffing Coordinator (Nursing
Administration, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Joseph Care
Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers
delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care
that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide long-term
scheduling and daily staffing services for the Nursing Department.
Support services as assigned.
In this position you will:
- STAFFING FUNCTIONS:
- Assure nursing staffing requirements for the facility by
producing a monthly schedule for NAC's and Licensed Personnel.
- Inform Director of Nursing of coverage by making available a
written copy of the schedule upon completion.
- Available for call-ins and provide alternative staffing for all
- Provide tracking of call-ins, agency personnel usage,
orientation hours, light-duty hours, and provide the Director of
Nursing with a biweekly report.
- Report openings or anticipated openings to the Director of
Nursing and the Human Resources Department.
- Receive staffing changes from the Director of Nursing and
adjust schedule appropriately.
- Track vacation requests to ensure adequate staff coverage at
all times and follows vacation time off approval policy.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilize procedures relating to
overtime and agency usage
- Demonstrate knowledge related to voluntary/monitoring low
- Insure Quality Assurance by creating checklists in areas to be
assessed and implementing schedules for their review.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Follows staffing protocol developed to monitor agency usage and
- Uses approval process for all agency and extraordinary pay
- Assists with telephone coverage as assigned.
- Utilizes documentation log, vacation log, call in book, shift
agreements and call log on a consistent and on-going basis.
- Post open shift at least two weeks in advance. (Staffing
coordinate will post incomplete schedules, with open shifts
highlighted, on the open shift board. Shifts will be listed on a
sign up sheet by date and shift. Shift agreements will be available
and filled out by employees interested in working open shifts.
Staffing will return agreement signed to employee confirming
- Perform NAC floor coverage as needed.
- Assist human resources as assigned.
Assist other support services as assigned.
- Use appropriate safety guidelines and precautions
- Demonstrate safe handling skills and use of equipment.
- Participate and demonstrate knowledge of fire and disaster
- Report any equipment safety hazard appropriately.
- Follow universal precaution procedures.
- Observe principles of good body mechanics.
- Demonstrate pro-active approach to patient and facility safety
Know purpose and location of MSDS information.
- Consistently prompt to assigned tasks
- Begin work on time.
- Write legibly.
- Meet productivity goals per department standard.
- Sick time does not exceed guidelines.
- Adhere to department dress code.
Demonstrate a willingness to critique own practice error,
documents unusual occurrences and pursues solutions.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Inform appropriate team members of resident's condition
changes, falls, and other problems.
- Communicate goals and plans for care to team members to enhance
continuity of resident care.
Communicate appropriate information to other team members.
- Request days off/vacation days in accordance with the
facility's policy and considers overall department operations when
- Cooperate when asked to adjust schedule to meet patient and
department needs, including floating to any area.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nurse Aide Certificate
- 1 year experience as Nursing Assistant Certified
- Proficient with Excel and Word
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Care Center in Spokane, Washington is
located on the campus of Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center &
Children's Hospital. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for
patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care,
end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from
surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an
accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a
residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through
creating a sense of community and home and providing a model of
care that is resident-centered.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Spokane , Staffing Coordinator, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!