RN Care Navigator - Primary Care Clinic
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Care Navigator
(Primary Care, Days, Full Time) to Physician Management Group in
Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering
every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is
accessible for all - especially those who are poor and
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
In this position you will:
- Provide leadership and continuity of care guidance for patients
with chronic diseases and/or complex disease states. Uses knowledge
of illness, diagnoses and treatments in comprehensive, holistic
assessments of patients. Performs patient teaching, patient
self-management/self-efficacy coaching and planned care management.
Ensures coordination for specialty and other hand offs as
- Utilize appropriate resources to gather data and assess patient
care needs; makes ongoing assessments of the following domains:
physio-biological, cognitive/emotional, spiritual and social,
managing life with chronic disease; identifies problems that could
lead to an emergency/crisis situation and takes appropriate action
to de-escalate; identifies the need for and coordinates
specialists/consultants; communicates assessment data to
appropriate persons; assesses learning needs of patient/significant
others; documents assessment data according to clinic
- Plan for and manages a panel of patients with chronic/complex
disease(s); plans interventions appropriate to patients' medical
and nursing diagnoses, age, abilities and resources; establishes
and implements learning and disease self-management plan for
patient/significant others; documents planning process according to
- Provide teaching to patients/families related to patient's
diagnosis, pathology, medical and nursing treatment plans,
discharge needs and health goals; documents each element of care
per organizational and unit standards.
- Collaboration, delegation, supervision:
- Collaborate and communicate care with patient's PCP.
- Form partnerships with all members of the interdisciplinary
- Communicate with coworkers and other departments in a
professional manner; shares appropriate information with all
members of the health care team, including assistive/support
personnel, in a manner that is appropriate and timely for the
- Participate in team huddles.
- Monitor patient and family satisfaction.
- Profession and leadership responsibilities:
- Support vision and mission of Providence Health & Services,
supports philosophy of patient centered care.
- Maintain high ethical standards in practice.
- Advocate for the patient and family and protects patient's
autonomy, dignity and decision making rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information and holds
others accountable for maintaining confidentiality.
- Deliver sensitivity to cultural diversities of patients and
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversities of patients and
- Identify, document and report patient safety and/or quality
incidents per PMG standards.
- Support and guide ambulatory health care teams with
implementation of evidence -based practice guidelines.
- Assist in designing and implementing planned care interventions
through a combination of evidence-based guideline/pathway
utilization and individualized care planning.
- May be required to take clinic call.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
- 2 years work experience in an RN role
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certification of diabetes education (CDE)
- Experience managing complex patients in an ambulatory
- Medical Home Model experience
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty
care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern
Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to
create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one
focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Spokane , RN Care Navigator - Primary Care Clinic, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!