RN - Inpatient Rehab Neuro Stroke *Bonus Eligible*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Now through the end of May offering $2500 sign on bonus and
$2500 retention bonus (paid after one year) for new, external hires
to Providence with at least one year of acute/hospital based
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) II (Inpatient
Rehab Neuro Stroke, Night Shift, 0.9 FTE) to Providence St Luke's
Rehabilitation Institute in Spokane, Washington. We are a community
of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide
compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those
who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
In this position you will:
- Provide care by utilizing nursing processes in collaboration
with other members of the team.
- Effectively interact with all staff to coordinate patient care,
promote continuity of care and interpret the plan of care.
- In the course of providing direct patient care, be accountable
for documenting all aspects of care in accordance with Institute
and program guidelines.
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills and judgment, knowledge
of specific rehabilitation skills, and competency in administering
medications, IV's and treatments safely.
- Maintain patient safety, comfort and cleanliness.
- Transcribe and implement physicians' orders accurately.
- Demonstrate self-direction and professionalism by identifying
one's own areas of skill and knowledge weaknesses and participating
in educational activities, by using the expertise of the program
nursing and supervisory staff in dealing with patient concerns, by
participating in team meetings and being reliable and
- Be accountable for promoting the corporate philosophy of
service excellence and guest relations by effectively relating with
patients, their families, visitors, the public and all members of
the staff of St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute.
- Consistently demonstrate behavior that enhances professional
performance and reflects the key moral commitments, ethical
principles, values and philosophy of the institute as set forward
in the mission statement.
- Develop the knowledge of growth and development of all ages of
patients treated at St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute.
- Complete self-evaluation on Clinical Competency Evaluation and
- Assume a greater role as clinical mentor for less experienced
staff, orient new staff to the program and discipline as
- Provide support for Level III staff in development of
orientation plans, evaluation processes and criteria, program
enhancement and as otherwise needed.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Have acceptable continuing education plan developed and
approved by the program manager/director with a goal of specific
competency or an equivalent focused education.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Washington or eligible
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS)
certification for the Healthcare Provider or obtain within the
first 30 days of employment
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Rehabilitation nursing experience
About the ministry you will serve:
Located in the heart of Spokane, Washington, St. Luke's
Rehabilitation Institute is the largest freestanding medical
rehabilitation hospital in the inland northwest. We're renowned
pioneers in the use of therapeutic technology and globally
recognized leaders in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients
with strokes, spinal cord injuries (SCI), orthopedic issues and
traumatic brain injuries (TBI). We're driven by innovation,
compassion, holistic care and the desire to see each patient
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Spokane , RN - Inpatient Rehab Neuro Stroke *Bonus Eligible*, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!