EMT Basic in Spokane, WA
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: June 10, 2021
More Information about this Job
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols,
response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system
components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent
with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation
of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy
and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of
mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness
and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in
vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's
ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the
Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times. Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry
different types of equipment and other objects.
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as
required by County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
- Radio communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained
in the vehicle
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record
IS 100.b Introduction to ICS
IS 700.a National Incident Management System
IS 800b. National Response Framework
IS 200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Spokane , EMT Basic in Spokane, WA, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!