Lending Solutions Specialist
Company: Boeing Employees Credit Union
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Lending Solutions Specialist serves as the primary point of
contact for members for all consumer lending products, real estate
secured loans and business lines of credit and Visa products. This
role is responsible for serving as a trusted advisor to members and
for providing the highest level of service while delivering sales
and service experiences to maximize member engagement. The Lending
Solutions Specialist develops and expands relationships through
assessing members' current and future financial needs and by
providing appropriate solutions; cross-selling all BECU products
and services based on identified needs and focusing on high-value
added relationships. The Lending Solutions Specialist will execute
integrated sales, service and relationship strategy using the
credit union's full set of lending product offerings in order to
further engage existing members. The position will provide product
expertise, creative business solutions and timely, relevant
responses to member needs.
- This role is available for our Spokane and Kent locations.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU
Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Credit
Union key objectives, product and service solutions to clearly
communicate appropriate recommendations to uncover and address
- Uncover and address member needs by clearly communicating
appropriate recommendations, utilizing a comprehensive
understanding and knowledge of Credit Union key objectives, product
and service solutions.
- Serve as a technical resource in the areas of credit including
business, real estate secured, and consumer loans.
- Deepen and retain member relationships utilizing all aspects of
the Member Advantage program and other BECU programs that ensure
the full sales experience cycle is achieved.
- Interview and complete loan applications for all consumer
lending products, real estate secured loans and business lines of
credit and business Visas in applicable loan origination systems
and ensure applications are properly scored and all calculations
are clear and accurate prior to sending to underwriting. Provide
detailed status for loans in process and yet to be funded.
- For real estate secured loans: identify the appropriate USPAP
appraisal report option to support the credit decision, based on
the risk, size, and complexity of the transaction and the
collateral, and provide automated valuations to members when
- Exercise responsibility for the delivery of financial services
to Credit Union members in conformance with the Credit Union's
lending policy, interest rates, and terms
- Ensure that all members receive prompt, efficient, courteous,
and professional service and that member problems/complaints are
resolved promptly and courteously, with follow through to
- Optimize BECU revenues/return to member and business member
value by focusing on high value added relationships and
- Partner with internal resources and departments to develop and
drive cross-division sales and member engagement strategies,
identify product enhancements, capture market opportunities,
develop cross-selling initiatives and deliver a superior member
- Take complete and accurate loan applications into the
computerized lending system, providing members with all required
disclosures, up-front fees as well as obtaining all necessary
- Mentor new employees on consumer, business and real estate
secured lending products, procedures and loan application data
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Business, or equivalent work or
educational experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of financial service sales experience, or 3
years combined experience with outbound sales and financial
- Solid understanding of the sales process and how to manage a
sales pipeline efficiently required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to
communicate in the English language required.
- Successful completion of the consumer loans and member service
training program with a minimum of one year of experience as a
Member Consultant (including loan interviewing, funding and
processing) within BECU or another financial institution
- Effective analytical skills and math skills with a high degree
of accuracy required.
- Experience in originating Lending Applications preferred.
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual
registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
- Thorough knowledge of all RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending, ECOA, and
HUD rules and regulations.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected
Keywords: Boeing Employees Credit Union, Spokane , Lending Solutions Specialist, Other , Spokane, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!