Tasting Room Assistant at Northstar Winery (Part-Time)
Company: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Location: Walla Walla
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is
proud to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a
collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the
finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the
art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer
our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the
best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a
Part-Time, Tasting Room Back of House (BOH) Assistant to join our
tasting room team Northstar Winery in Walla Walla, WA. Tasting room
employees are the public relations ambassadors of the company. As
such, tasting room personnel provide a warm welcome to all guests
and provide a beyond-expectations experience. As a liaison between
Northstar Winery and the public, tasting room employees must
demonstrate hospitality, a sense of integrity, and efficiency.
Successful members of the tasting room team will consistently
display a positive, unflappable, can-do attitude at all times while
providing excellent and accommodating customer service to each and
every guest that visits our winery.
As a Tasting Room BOH Assistant, you set the tone for the winery
experience and will ensure that every guest feels a positive and
genuine connection with the winery. All guests should be greeted in
a gracious, friendly, welcoming manner and this role must maintain
an accommodating attitude as a representative of the company. One
of the most important things to be a great BOH Assistant is to
remember that while in the Tasting room, you are constantly on
What you will do:
- Service Standards: Be friendly, courteous and capable of
interacting with a wide variety of personalities in a professional
and polite manner, with an eagerness to meet the needs of every
guest. Be accommodating, upbeat and inspired to make every guest's
experience special. Must be a self-starter that works efficiently
with limited direction to identify needs of the business and
implement solutions effectively.
- Greet all arriving guests and provide a brief summary of the
winery and provide direction appropriately.
- Help to clear tables following use, wipe down tables, refill
waters and crackers as needed.
- Wash and buff glassware and other dishware items.
- Replenish wine, merchandise and other items as needed to help
with shift operations.
- Utilize proper safety and sanitation techniques at all times
(lifting, glass handling, cleaning/sanitizing protocols etc.).
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment in accordance
with state and company guidelines
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the appearance and
cleanliness of the tasting room are up to or exceed standards.
- Communicate any customer needs to other staff members.
- Help control wine shop crowd and lines.
- Complete food orders according to presentation guidelines.
- Cut and prep cheese and other food items as needed - some
reheating and cutting may be required.
- Assist with all elements of winery and private event set up,
execution, and break-down as instructed by the tasting room
- Perform any other duties requested by the tasting room
What you will bring:
- Professional, personable, welcoming, with excellent hospitality
and customer service focus
- Enthusiastic, passionate and an astute listener
- Positive attitude in customer interactions and with
Must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Hospitality/Restaurant/Retail experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, customer service skills, sales
skills and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Goal orientated and able to work as part of a team
- Basic computer skills required
- Must be flexible and available to work varied hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid MAST 12 and Food Handlers Permit
- High School diploma or equivalent
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate
conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or
certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
- You are curious and continuously learn and grow your
- You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people
together, learn and solve problems.
- You value inclusion and work to create an environment where
everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
- You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new
- You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our
employees by providing opportunities for training, development and
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills
toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation
package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health
insurance for those eligible, participation in our 401k programs,
and incentive compensation programs.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected
class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.
Keywords: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Spokane , Tasting Room Assistant at Northstar Winery (Part-Time), Other , Walla Walla, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!